Weird issue after updating

Reaction score
After updating from 4.6.2.1 to 4.6.5.4 I noticed that sometimes the camera border will be outlined in yellow while recording (triggered by motion detection) or sitting idle. The yellow circle with exclamation point never appeared in the window frame and everything seemed normal, so I didn't think anything of it. I have one camera focused on the street and a few others that have a view of the street. Today, I noticed a vehicle drive by without triggering two of the cameras. While the vehicle was driving by, the camera window border flashed yellow. I looked in the help file and I couldn't find anything to define what a yellow border meant. Only a yellow circle with exclamation point which I already knew what it meant.

Today I updated to the latest version 4.6.6.0 and it didn't fix the problem. I played around with some settings and eventually I switched the motion detection algorithm from "Simple" to "Gaussian". Once I switched it to Gaussian the issues disappeared.

The issue occurred with different camera brands including a Dahua starlight PTZ, regular 2mp starlight and hikvision 3mp ultra low light cameras.

Am I the only one who has experienced this issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After updating from 4.6.2.1 to 4.6.5.4 I noticed that sometimes the camera border will be outlined in yellow while recording (triggered by motion detection) or sitting idle. The yellow circle with exclamation point never appeared in the window frame and everything seemed normal, so I didn't think anything of it. I have one camera focused on the street and a few others that have a view of the street. Today, I noticed a vehicle drive by without triggering two of the cameras. While the vehicle was driving by, the camera window border flashed yellow. I looked in the help file and I couldn't find anything to define what a yellow border meant. Only a yellow circle with exclamation point which I already knew what it meant.

Today I updated to the latest version 4.6.6.0 and it didn't fix the problem. I played around with some settings and eventually I switched the motion detection algorithm from "Simple" to "Gaussian". Once I switched it to Gaussian the issues disappeared.

The issue occurred with different camera brands including a Dahua starlight PTZ, regular 2mp starlight and hikvision 3mp ultra low light cameras.

Am I the only one who has experienced this issue?
  • The camera border will be yellow when the motion detection is paused, such as after a PTZ command or PTZ preset position change.

this could happen to fixed cameras if you setup ptz for some reason or the motion is relying on other cams.

Reaction score
Strange... I have "suspend motion detection" disabled on the PTZ and the other cameras had the PTZ option disabled under camera properties. None of the cameras are relying on each other to trigger, each have their own motion detection settings.

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with two cameras. I have not changed any settings just the BI updates.Screenshot (115).png

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I just opened up the console to try that & it is not doing it now. When I got home from work though & opened up the console it wouldn't stop flashing when I took the screenshot.

Reaction score
I found that it happened sporadically, you should keep an eye on it. I sent an email to Ken to let him know about the issue

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it's been open for 30 minutes & hasn't happened yet again. Will definitely keep an eye on it.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing, I get yellow boxes around several different cameras. Don't have PTZ turned on for any cameras. Just updated to the latest version to make sure that want the issue. Switching ti Gaussian algorithm stops its from happening. Any kind of log file I can check?

I found that it happened sporadically, you should keep an eye on it. I sent an email to Ken to let him know about the issue

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing, I get yellow boxes around several different cameras. Don't have PTZ turned on for any cameras. Just updated to the latest version to make sure that want the issue. Switching ti Gaussian algorithm stops its from happening. Any kind of log file I can check?
It doesn't appear to show up in the log file but maybe @fenderman could answer that question better.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue on two cameras now. Switching to Gaussian also makes it stop. I'll wait to see what smitcans gets back from support.

Reaction score
I received an email from Jen yesterday evening. She said Ken is out of town until Monday. If I hear back from him tomorrow I'll post an update.

tinker3433

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am having the same issue, Yellow border around 9 of 12 cameras. I'm not using motion detection on these cameras. If i turn it on and change to Gaussian the yellow border will go away, but that isn't a good solution since i don't want motion detection on these.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue, Yellow border around 9 of 12 cameras. I'm not using motion detection on these cameras. If i turn it on and change to Gaussian the yellow border will go away, but that isn't a good solution since i don't want motion detection on these.
as per the latest release notes it will remain yellow unless you disable border colors.

tinker3433

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OK, Thanks. Easy fix...RTFM :). I will be sure to read the release notes before applying updates in the future.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This doesn't resolve my issue, I have motion on and I get yellow borders turning on and off on various cameras. I don't knwo if this indicates some type of issue in my setup or with blueiris. I don't have PTZ turned on, and I think that switching to Gaussian or turning on HD for motion detection stop this from occuring.

as per the latest release notes it will remain yellow unless you disable border colors.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This doesn't resolve my issue, I have motion on and I get yellow borders turning on and off on various cameras. I don't knwo if this indicates some type of issue in my setup or with blueiris. I don't have PTZ turned on, and I think that switching to Gaussian or turning on HD for motion detection stop this from occuring.
I would email support.