Weird No Signal Issue With New PTZ (UN/PW)

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Currently going crazy trying to understand why my new DS-2DE4A220IW keeps coming up as No Signal Error 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0 despite the ip, port and user/pw being 100% correct and everything power cycled AND working fine when logging directly into camera! I've never had this issue and have tried both the generic options it selects when searching with the ip entered and with specifically selecting Hikvision and 2DEXXXX etc as the make model. Disabling firewall doesn't help.

As a side issue, Find/Inspect never works/turns up any results it just comes up blank when no ip is entered, any reason why it can't find even working cameras automatically?

I can confirm it looks to be a user/pw issue as BI has locked me out of the camera numerous times from constantly reattempting connection. I checked the credentials 10x it is absolutely correct and works every time when logging in directly..

Thanks!

(Win10)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently going crazy trying to understand why my new DS-2DE4A220IW keeps coming up as No Signal Error 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0 despite the ip, port and user/pw being 100% correct and everything power cycled AND working fine when logging directly into camera! I've never had this issue and have tried both the generic options it selects when searching with the ip entered and with specifically selecting Hikvision and 2DEXXXX etc as the make model. Disabling firewall doesn't help.

As a side issue, Find/Inspect never works/turns up any results it just comes up blank when no ip is entered, any reason why it can't find even working cameras automatically?

I can confirm it looks to be a user/pw issue as BI has locked me out of the camera numerous times from constantly reattempting connection. I checked the credentials 10x it is absolutely correct and works every time when logging in directly..

Thanks!

(Win10)
delete the camera in BI and add it again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey I've done that numerous times yet the conflict persists.
also enter the ip address THEN use find inspect...also note that newer hik cameras arrive with onvif disabled, you need to enable it.

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Regarding searching the ip I've already done that and searched without.

I noticed ONVIF was disabled during the troubleshooting but enabling did not help. I had turned it back off but now I enabled it in integration protocol, rebooted the camera and BI and still same issue although searching the IP now provides more information so ONVIF seems to be helping but same error. This is setup as just http and searching the IP forces the generic option as opposed to Hikvision 2DEXXXX

Opening 192.168.29.144 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2017-12-18T16:53:16.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/SearchRecording
Has Imaging services: /onvif/Imaging
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/Events
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 2
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/DeviceIO
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/PTZ
Opening 192.168.29.144 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

UPnP is disabled and with port mapping mode defaulted to manual since there is no "off".

Any other ideas?

Note: I'm deleting and readding the camera each time.

Last edited:

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if it's related but in basic network settings when I test the ip address it returns "the address is not used"? Then again it seems to do that for working cameras too.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you download Hikvision sadap tool give it a new IP address
Then enter its new password
Then log in to the camera and disable illegal log in
Then add to blue iris

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey I've already given that a try when I saw it here Error 8000007a and Hikvision Illegal Login Lock [solved] and here IP CAMERA: Illegal Login

Enabling or disabling it hasn't changed the result for me unfortunately. I always use the SADP tool and changing the password hasn't helped. I know it's correct as I can log in without issue but rebooting the camera after disabling illegal login lock and restarting BI then adding it still no luck. Been over a week now that I haven't been able to figure out the problem. I really thought the ONVIF and this would do it too!

The only difference now was manually giving it an ip which also didn't change the result. The only way it could be illegal login lock is if the feature is designed to prevent 2 services streaming simultaneously if logged in but I'm pretty sure that feature only causes problems when BI constantly attempts reconnection, I don't know how it was coded to be sure. Either way it's obviously a problematic feature regardless as stated in a few places:

Hikvision device lock out : Wrightwood Surveillance Support

Last edited:

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As a good example I just noticed the enable illegal login is enabled for other cameras and they never have had any issue. At the same time those firmware's are not 5.5+

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow so I was intently comparing the difference between the stock settings on this cam vs my DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 and on a whim in System>Security>Authentication I noticed that on my working cam "RTSP Authentication" is set to Basic whereas on the new one its default is "digest" so I changed it to digest/basic and BOOM it worked instantly! I also noticed there is a new addition specifically for Web Authentication which I'm not sure if I should leave on digest or also change to digest/basic.

Please provide additional insight and mark thread as solved!

Last edited:

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@TheWhiteKnight, that's great info.

I'm having this same problem with my Hikvision doorbell (LaView rebrand of Hik DS-KB6003-WIP, running Hik firmware) but it has a stripped-down web interface, probably due to slow hardware, and doesn't even have a Security section to adjust. Looks like "digest/basic" can't be configured on this device. Bummer!

Screenshot 2020-09-26 105641.png