Weird no video, but audio

Gus_19

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've had my Dahua 16ch nvr connected via hdmi to a TV for the past 2 years with no issues. Then this week when I went to turn on the TV (albeit a cheap emerson), I'm able to see the Dahua logo for the 2 unused camera feeds but the rest of the video feeds are black. I double click on one camera to make it full screen and it is still black, but I can hear audio. While trying to review recorded footage, I will get the same thing, no video but audio. However when I log in via the easyviewer lite app, I have no issues seeing the video feed.

One other note, I am able to scroll through all the menu options of the nvr on the TV and even removed and reconnected some cameras with no luck.

Looking for suggestions on other trouble shooting options anyone may have.

Gus_19

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I had done that as well as a power down for a few minutes. Should have mentioned that as that was the first thing I typically do

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I had done that as well as a power down for a few minutes
OK, scratch that idea then.
When these things stay up pretty well indefinitely, it's easy to forget that just sometimes a slight quirk can creep in that doesn't bring it totally down.

Gus_19

n3wb
Reaction score
Well would you look at that. Cant explain why, but after the 2nd restart, everything was back and working as usual. Thanks for the responses @alastairstevenson