Welp the SD59230U-HNI came in...

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Along with another 5231. Made it here in 3 days from Andy using Fedex. Testing so far, still need to get a corner mount. If i was wanting to count the legs on bees near the pool, this is def. the camera to do it. The zoom is ridiculous.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
haha, nice test rig.. I approve.

though hope those are some good zip ties, might tie a piece of paracord to the arm and attach it up high just as a backup saftey to catch it before it hits the ground.. cant be too safe.. I usually keep such things on a PTZ until the install is finished.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use them pretty often for work, I trust them...1 holding the camera, 3 more for redundancy after my little mishap with the 5231. Wish it wasn't raining so I couldn't mount it in a higher place and see the benefits of the zoom in the park behind my house... All in good time. I was hoping to install this weekend, but I have a feeling I wont be able to find a corner mount here locally. :(

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
haha, nice test rig.. I approve.

though hope those are some good zip ties, might tie a piece of paracord to the arm and attach it up high just as a backup saftey to catch it before it hits the ground.. cant be too safe.. I usually keep such things on a PTZ until the install is finished.

Damn you... you're jinxing me.... 550 paracord it is... used a square knot... it will hold the world.

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Along with another 5231. Made it here in 3 days from Andy using Fedex. Testing so far, still need to get a corner mount. If i was wanting to count the legs on bees near the pool, this is def. the camera to do it. The zoom is ridiculous.
Zip ties, wonder how that would hold up lol

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use them pretty often for work, I trust them...1 holding the camera, 3 more for redundancy after my little mishap with the 5231. Wish it wasn't raining so I couldn't mount it in a higher place and see the benefits of the zoom in the park behind my house... All in good time. I was hoping to install this weekend, but I have a feeling I wont be able to find a corner mount here locally. :(
if you want local to the US, B&H is the best option: Dahua Technology PFA151 Corner Mount Bracket PFA151 B&H Photo $33 Free Shipping, spend $49 get free expedited shipping.
That way you make sure you avoid any Chinese new year slow downs.
Local to AZ, sorry can't help you.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nope, just attached it directly with some bolts, washers, and locking nuts.. there is a lil dead space behind the mount in the corners, enough to hide the pigtail all wrapped up.. but im kinda a wire tucking savant, YMMV..

ps: I soldered the alarm IO because there is not enough room for wire nuts.. operating an iron at top of a ladder is not something I suggest to the weak of heart.. you need about 5 hands and only have two to work with ;)

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
nope, just attached it directly with some bolts, washers, and locking nuts.. there is a lil dead space behind the mount in the corners, enough to hide the pigtail all wrapped up.. but im kinda a wire tucking savant, YMMV..

ps: I soldered the alarm IO because there is not enough room for wire nuts.. operating an iron at top of a ladder is not something I suggest to the weak of heart.. you need about 5 hands and only have two to work with ;)
I was just curious how you water proofed the network connection.