what am I doing wrong or missing on mounting my IPC-HFW7442H-Z4 on a pole mount?

Reaction score
the mounting box that came with it has a .75 inch connector at the bottom and an internal bump out to bring the wires in and to pass them into the box, now if I mount it correctly pipe in bottom than the camera can only mount with the single screw up top, but when I do that the slot in the mounting arm only allows the camera to move up/IMG_1630.JPEGIMG_1632.JPEG

I need to rotate that arm 180 degrees but it does not want to move at all, what am I missing?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The cameras with that style of adjustment are difficult to work with. Found that it was necessary to use a set of channel locks, with tape on the teeth, to move the slot to the required position.

Make sure that the locking screw is as far out as it can be. i.e. there is a safety cap (nice feature) to keep the loose screw from falling out during adjustment.

adjustment_point.jpg

Place channel locks around the part indicated by the arrow genteelly.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If you loosen it up a lot with the adjustment screw on the base, then you should be able to turn it without having to force it. It's not smooth and you need to work your way through the teeth some as you go but it will turn.