What apps do you guys use to access your cameras?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
What apps do you guys use? I use the Blue Iris Mobile app to access Blue Iris for recordings, etc., but I also use IP Cam Viewer Pro on my Android phone to view the cameras life feeds.

dalepa

Reaction score
I've tried several apps, but mainly use BlueIris app on my android and Ipad. The Browser page could use a revamp...

What apps do you guys use? I use the Blue Iris Mobile app to access Blue Iris for recordings, etc., but I also use IP Cam Viewer Pro on my Android phone to view the cameras life feeds.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use idmss plus. It's 5 bucks, lets you play back video, view more than one site at a time, create favorite shortcuts, pinch and squeeze, snapshots, record video directly to your mobile device, and now the updated version lets you view 16 cameras on the iphone. But its only for dahua dvrs/nvrs

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
iVMS-4500 for my Hik Cube and NVR. GDMSS for individual Dahua cams. I've used IP Cam Viewer Lite and it seems to be a good free stable app.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh yes good call, forgot to mention iVMS-4500! I use that and also vMEyesuper for my ION NVR.

MoridinTX

n3wb
Reaction score
I use the Blue Iris mobile app on my iPhone and iPad. I have tried others but I like the similar interface with Blue Iris. I used IPcam viewer for a bit, but did not like its performance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use the Blue Iris mobile app on my iPhone and iPad. I have tried others but I like the similar interface with Blue Iris. I used IPcam viewer for a bit, but did not like its performance.
Be sure to let us know how the Geofencing works once version 1.11 is pushed....us android users are curious :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008, your custom interface is great. Please post it here in the BI section as well...several of us are not allowed back to cam-it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Live Cams Pro from Eggman Technologies on the Iphone - love it for the Vigil server as well as a great colloection of cam views from across the world. Idmss pro for my Dahua at home.

My only complaint with Live Cams is PTZ controls are reverse. The only direction that works correctly is panning left and right via on screen arrows. All other directions involve pressing the opposite arrow for the desired tilt. But they have 64 presets so I just hit one of those.

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am a BlueIris guy myself.
I have tried the built in sw on the hikvision with NAS but was having problems with power outages and NAS not re-connecting.
So far BI does everything I need it to.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
@bp2008, your custom interface is great. Please post it here in the BI section as well...several of us are not allowed back to cam-it :)
Wow really? What the hell man lol. Oh well, I wonder if they will ban me, I already told them I was going to give this place a chance, cam-it does seem to have a click of regulars so whatever. I haven't purchased a blue iris license yet, I had 3 cams, 2 were axis cams I got for free and they both died at the same time they were ancient, I have the 3mp verifocal hikvision and I ordered a 2032 from nelly on last Friday and paid for 3 day shipping so I hope I get that this coming week. I'm really trying to make zoneminder work but it's a pain in the arse, and since there is like no alternatives I will probably have to plunk down the money for BI. I'm an old school pirate so it's really hard for me to actually pay for software, this would be the first time ever. :p

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You might get the Hikvisions to record on their own to a network drive or FTP server, if you want to hold off on BI until you have more cameras. But $50 for BI is totally worth it.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use iHik which looks like a rebranded version of iVMS-4500 on phone and tablet to view cameras directly and DS-Cam to access the Surveillance Station module on my NAS.