What are the go-to cheap to midrange PTZ cameras today? My Huisuns still work, but... that can't last!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 Huisun 10x PTZs, one V1 and one V2. They have both lasted years in Seattle weather. The only problem is that I think the long distance IR illuminator on the V2 bit the dust. They have been a lot of fun and I would like to figure out a replacement/upgrade path as I know they won't last forever.

I have a 4k LTS NVR, which is a rebranded Hikvision, if that matters. I don't have any specific camera requirements as to MP, zoom, etc... just looking for an idea of what has been working for people. Budget... maybe up to $300-350?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks much for the reference. That's a substantial upgrade for sure! I do heavily use my back yard PTZ, 'cuz it's big and interesting animals show up a lot, so this looks super.

I'll look for threads on this baby.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 2 Huisun 10x PTZs, one V1 and one V2. They have both lasted years in Seattle weather. The only problem is that I think the long distance IR illuminator on the V2 bit the dust. They have been a lot of fun and I would like to figure out a replacement/upgrade path as I know they won't last forever.

I have a 4k LTS NVR, which is a rebranded Hikvision, if that matters. I don't have any specific camera requirements as to MP, zoom, etc... just looking for an idea of what has been working for people. Budget... maybe up to $300-350?
If you lived near me I would give you 4 of the Huisun ptz's.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you lived near me I would give you 4 of the Huisun ptz's.
Based on the reliability reported over the years I assume that adds up to one working camera. :)

I've been lucky with mine for sure.