What are these unknown devices on my network?

Safari

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was playing around with tinycam and checked the box in network scanner that said "show unknown devices", and found 3 Foscam devices that I can't identify.

Are these my router and two hubs?. If so why are they named Foscam?. Or is there something more nefarious going on

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 1st could be your router...have you tried to log into that IP?
Tinycam has a built-in web server so one of those could be just that.
By "hubs" if you mean "switches" then if they are NOT managed switches then they have no IP.
Do you have any Foscam cameras on your LAN?

I'd try another scanner, such as Advanced IP Scanner or Fing Desktop on your PC or the Fing smartphone app

Safari

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 1st could be your router...have you tried to log into that IP?
Tinycam has a built-in web server so one of those could be just that.
By "hubs" if you mean "switches" then if they are NOT managed switches then they have no IP.
Do you have any Foscam cameras on your LAN?

I'd try another scanner, such as Advanced IP Scanner or Fing Desktop on your PC or the Fing smartphone app
Yes I thought the 10.1 was my router because it shows up in Net Analyzer as 'Winstars Technology', along with my cameras IP. But the other two addresses.....

......do not show up in Net Analyzer. Nor do those two addresses show up when doing a 'Scan network' in tinycam. They only show up if put a check in the 'Show unknown devices' box in tinycam.

And I can't figure out what they could be, other than my two 4 port switches (not hubs). Unless I have two unauthorized Foscam devices connecting to my router

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess block them in the router and then see what family member complains about a device not working LOL.