What are your thoughts on this setup/How could I improve it?

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first of all I am trying to secure a 1story home in a good neighborhood.

I am on kind of on a budget as well, but trying to make due with what I can for now.

So far I have 4 ip laview cameras running on a nvr in my main room (thinking I should move it, or hide it where it doesnt look so suspicious, but I use a monitor, so its hard to say. Each poe cable is running through the attic, and then through each camera).

The next thing I have is a ring doorbell v2, and additional ring camera on the side of the house where there may be a weakness of view. I understand why wifi is not recommended, but I received this for a heavy discount of $25 each so I went with them as additional protection.

Inside I am using a combination of wyze and yi indoor (tilt 720p) cameras for each room. Thinking about upgrading these 720p yi cameras to 1080p?

I also picked up a dog fake alarm barking system for anyone that comes to door, also put a sign saying I have a dog/monitoring system.

Also, I am thinking about using some really tough padlocks on my circuit box since it is on the side of the house/gate?

Other ordeals Iam waiting to get is 3m security film for the windows, and I just picked up a nice bn 1500va backup system brand new (should I keep or sell)?

And I have a plethora of security home automation devices (the amazon echo show (newer one), smoke alarms, and more, samsung smart things hub, and more).

Wondering how I could protect the home more? My biggest concern is is the breaker box is cut off/damaged, the entire system means nothing? Maybe there is a way I can setup a notification if power goes out, or something. I am trying to see if theres a way I can setup an alert incase of a break in using either the ups, or cellular?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first of all I am trying to secure a 1story home in a good neighborhood.

I am on kind of on a budget as well, but trying to make due with what I can for now.

So far I have 4 ip laview cameras running on a nvr in my main room (thinking I should move it, or hide it where it doesnt look so suspicious, but I use a monitor, so its hard to say. Each poe cable is running through the attic, and then through each camera).

The next thing I have is a ring doorbell v2, and additional ring camera on the side of the house where there may be a weakness of view. I understand why wifi is not recommended, but I received this for a heavy discount of $25 each so I went with them as additional protection.

Inside I am using a combination of wyze and yi indoor (tilt 720p) cameras for each room. Thinking about upgrading these 720p yi cameras to 1080p?

I also picked up a dog fake alarm barking system for anyone that comes to door, also put a sign saying I have a dog/monitoring system.

Also, I am thinking about using some really tough padlocks on my circuit box since it is on the side of the house/gate?

Other ordeals Iam waiting to get is 3m security film for the windows, and I just picked up a nice bn 1500va backup system brand new (should I keep or sell)?

And I have a plethora of security home automation devices (the amazon echo show (newer one), smoke alarms, and more, samsung smart things hub, and more).

Wondering how I could protect the home more? My biggest concern is is the breaker box is cut off/damaged, the entire system means nothing? Maybe there is a way I can setup a notification if power goes out, or something. I am trying to see if theres a way I can setup an alert incase of a break in using either the ups, or cellular?
Force Protection . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crist121

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know much about this. Didn't get the best guideline here. Can anybody tell us? Thanks in advance. Regards: ** spam link removed **

Last edited by a moderator: