What can I do if Amcrest re-sold my license and can't log in?

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So my PC crashed and took my Amcrest software with it. I obviously have the DVD and serial number it came with but because I didn't have the chance to deactivate the serial number before the crash, I can't sign back in because it said both licenses have been used. Problem is, I never used the 2nd one since I only have it running on my home PC.

I contacted Amcrest in an email but they've already come back and told me I have to take it up with the seller on Amazon which says it's Amcrest and that they probably re-sold the same license to someone else. To compound the problem, I purchased the software on a Amazon account I can no longer find so I can't show proof of purchase to them even if they could reset it. Yes, I can afford another $50 for a new license but I'm upset the 2nd key is not accessible for me to use. Any insight?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So my PC crashed and took my Amcrest software with it. I obviously have the DVD and serial number it came with but because I didn't have the chance to deactivate the serial number before the crash, I can't sign back in because it said both licenses have been used. Problem is, I never used the 2nd one since I only have it running on my home PC.

I contacted Amcrest in an email but they've already come back and told me I have to take it up with the seller on Amazon which says it's Amcrest and that they probably re-sold the same license to someone else. To compound the problem, I purchased the software on a Amazon account I can no longer find so I can't show proof of purchase to them even if they could reset it. Yes, I can afford another $50 for a new license but I'm upset the 2nd key is not accessible for me to use. Any insight?
The blue iris developer will sell you a second license for $30 once you show proof that you have a license.
Make sure to go to Amazon and leave a negative review for amcrest as a seller which is different than the product reviews... Then go to the product review and make sure to let everyone know to buy direct from the developer... Amcrest will likely respond offering you a refund...

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Problem is, I can't remember the account I bought it under and Amazon won't allow feedback when the seller can't verify the purchase. Thanks for the tip but it looks like I'm gonna have to buy it again.