What do you guys think?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
a) Pool guy that is lost

b) guy with pool equipment in his truck checking out my house?

Seems like he noticed the camera and got spooked, then played dumb.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tough call but my money's on lost pool guy, they aren't the sharpest. He declared "oh shit this is the wrong house" right as he walked up to your address numbers and managed to avoid arching his head to stare at the camera with that classic deer in the headlights look. If AZ requires front plates, I wonder if your other camera got his plates.

Check your local crime map / nextdoor if there's a good reason talk to the pd.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would make sure your watching out extra now ! But it was funny when he seen the camera the said oh shit this is the wrong house lmao .... make sure your shit is locked up and guns are loaded.. prob nothing

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tough call but my money's on lost pool guy, they aren't the sharpest. He declared "oh shit this is the wrong house" right as he walked up to your address numbers and managed to avoid arching his head to stare at the camera with that classic deer in the headlights look. If AZ requires front plates, I wonder if your other camera got his plates.

Check your local crime map / nextdoor if there's a good reason talk to the pd.

Yeah, I kind of figured he said that after he saw the cameras.... no front plates required.. my other camera got his rear plate, but just wasnt quite zoomed enough... if i zoom in any more, i start to lose my FOV. Nextdoor post with shitty camera footage is what got my to find this place. :)

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would make sure your watching out extra now ! But it was funny when he seen the camera the said oh shit this is the wrong house lmao .... make sure your shit is locked up and guns are loaded.. prob nothing
Guns are always in the safe unless it is my concealed carry... We keep our mastiff in a kennel and slowly been letting her out while we are gone for a few hours, but i feel after today she will graduate to full time freedom in the house. She is only 85 pounds, but her bark makes her sound 140, and she LOVES her house, and hates strangers.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of figured he said that after he saw the cameras.... no front plates required.. my other camera got his rear plate, but just wasnt quite zoomed enough... if i zoom in any more, i start to lose my FOV. Nextdoor post with shitty camera footage is what got my to find this place. :)
I watched it again full screen 1080p and after another look I think he did notice the camera back when he was by the single garage door. He arched his head up and paused briefly, but continued over to check your address. In AZ a LOT of houses have pools so it would certainly be a good cover, just bring a bucket inside and fill it. It's a coin toss if he's lost, but that's still my guess.

If your gate isn't locked I'd lock it and consider a motion sensor or photoelectric beam over there

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, it is always locked. I'll keep an eye out for any more activity, this is the most I've gotten since the install. Got kinda excited lol.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Guns are always in the safe unless it is my concealed carry... We keep our mastiff in a kennel and slowly been letting her out while we are gone for a few hours, but i feel after today she will graduate to full time freedom in the house. She is only 85 pounds, but her bark makes her sound 140, and she LOVES her house, and hates strangers.
My dogs will never go in a kennel, you wouldn't like living in a little cage all day and neither do they and you leave them defenseless if someone breaks in. My dog has had free run since he was 3 months old when I got him and he fucking hates EVERYONE, I think it's because he knows I do too. If he hears stuff across the street he goes ape shit. He's another layer of security. :)

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My dogs will never go in a kennel, you wouldn't like living in a little cage all day and neither do they and you leave them defenseless if someone breaks in. My dog has had free run since he was 3 months old when I got him and he fucking hates EVERYONE, I think it's because he knows I do too. If he hears stuff across the street he goes ape shit. He's another layer of security. :)
Trust me, i was 110% against kennel training. The trainer we got used to train military dogs, and working dogs when he went civilian and convinced me of it. We were into her for about 2000 in furniture before she was a year old. It straightened her out along with the training.

We never transitioned her out when we moved cause she kept pissing on the carpet(old owners for dog scent?) She had free reign of the house 6 months ago but then started eating remotes... the kennel isn't a cage to her, when it is open she goes in and out of it as she pleases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My money isn't on a crook, it's on lost pool guy. The kind the husband hires, not the wife.
LOL! Yeah, if he looked like Rico the pool guy my wife's best friend Lupe suggested to her I'd REALLY be looking into something else...

He's lost, IMHO. The address he inked on his palm is blurred, no GPS because it would cost more than the truck.. any number of reasons. But definitely an event to be wary of for the future.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, if he looked like Rico the pool guy my wife's best friend Lupe suggested to her I'd REALLY be looking into something else...

He's lost, IMHO. The address he inked on his palm is blurred, no GPS because it would cost more than the truck.. any number of reasons. But definitely an event to be wary of for the future.
GPS on a smart phone is worth more than the truck? what?