What do you think it is ?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So tonight while sitting in front of my PC, I hear an alert from my Dahua speed dome which is mounted above my roof. I took a look at the recorded video, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what caused this weird flash of light.

The Dahua happened to be pointed to my front gate. The gate has a smaller/older little PTZ and you'll see the IR footprint fixed on the ground after the flash of light (in other words, this flash of light is not coming from the old PTZ IR). I've had a speed dome above my roof for many years, sometimes capturing odd stuff which I eventually can figure out the source (birds, spot lights, flash lights, bugs, whatever). This one has me stumped and I thought maybe someone here has seen this kind of thing before.

The video starts in real time just as the light appears near the upper left of the gate, then it moves very fast and illuminates the ground for 20 feet or so then moves on. You can see my mouse movement as I repeat the segment in real time once more, then move the segment slowly back and forth few times.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It's Spock. The Vulcans are responding to Earth's call for help during this time of crisis. Get ready for a quantum leap. Star Trekking all the way :D

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Likely some bug in front of the camera reflecting the IR. Could be a bat or something as well. Looks like motion blur making it look bigger than it is.