What does "HW VA Not Compatible" mean?

DDN13

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried searching the forums with no success for this error message. It shows up in Messages under Blue Iris Status, but I don't recall seeing it until the last couple of days. 4 of my 6 cams threw the message today along with a large 10-12 digit (non-repeating) number. It happens to a cam at a time, not all at once. Only recent change to the system was the W10 Creators Update. (oh, just *that*)

It doesn't appear to be affecting the cams much past that instant when they throw the error, so it's not a killer. Just a head scratcher.

Version 4.5.3.7 x64 running on Windows 10.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried searching the forums with no success for this error message. It shows up in Messages under Blue Iris Status, but I don't recall seeing it until the last couple of days. 4 of my 6 cams threw the message today along with a large 10-12 digit (non-repeating) number. It happens to a cam at a time, not all at once. Only recent change to the system was the W10 Creators Update. (oh, just *that*)

It doesn't appear to be affecting the cams much past that instant when they throw the error, so it's not a killer. Just a head scratcher.

likely something to do with hardware video acceleration..what processor are you using?

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
im getting this error also. im using xeon E3-1241 v3 quad core. I also have a Nvida GeForce 210 hdmi card in there. Could that be whats causing it? Its not causing any problems that i know of but i just dont like errors.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to have an Intel CPU with Quick Sync video available, and the onboard graphics need to be enabled (this sometimes requires a monitor to be connected and working from an onboard video port). But otherwise you can have a 3rd party graphics card in the box and it won't hurt CPU usage; in some cases it will even help. I have a GTX 950 that reduced the CPU time required for Blue Iris to draw video to the screen in its local GUI, but it is only noticeable at high resolutions.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check for a newer video driver or try rolling back to the old version.

janbo

n3wb
Reaction score

This means that the camera's video stream is not compatible with the Intel decoding on your CPU. You can disable this on the camera properties Video tab on a per-camera basis or altogether on Options/Cameras.

Thanks

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Ron Reuter <mail@ronjanreuter.com> wrote:
What does this mean? Getting a few of these with difference numbers.

HW VA not compatible: -1548274334

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hardware acceleration doesn't work even though they tell you it does. The whole process makes you feel like you're crazy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardware acceleration doesn't work even though they tell you it does. The whole process makes you feel like you're crazy.
You're an idiot..I think you mean to say that you are incompetent and are having an issue...why does it work on my 20 systems and that of hundreds of other users here? Think a little before posting dumb statements...

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
LOL. I have seen your posts. Right back at you. You are actually saying that all these people that can't get it to work are idiots and incompetent too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. I have seen your posts. Right back at you.
If you mean my posts that call out liars then yes...I wont let you lie and post misinformation....Why is it that HA works for the many others here with dramatic drops in cpu consumption? use your brain....
Maybe blue iris is not for you...look for another solution...If you go on a rampage and post your lies in every thread that mention a HA issue I will ban you...keep your misinformation in your thread so its easier for me make clear for others that you have no clue.

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have called me and idiot and a liar. You must be an inloveable, mean person whose only avenue is sitting behind a keyboard. It would be totally different face to face you little pussy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You have called me and idiot and a liar. You must be an inloveable, mean person whose only avenue is sitting behind a keyboard. It would be totally different face to face you little pussy.
And you're gone. No liars allowed. I will never allow blatant lies to be posted here.

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good for you Fenderman. You're the *most* helpful person here and suffer fools poorly. I like that :)