What is best online site to Buy Dahua cameras?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking to buy Dahua cameras and NVR online. What is the best site for price and warranty? I am in St Pete FL area. Thanks in advance.

Gdurham

n3wb
Reaction score
I wound up purchasing mine on eBay, received it incredibly quickly, like less than a week.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AliExpress and eBay. There is a lot of overlap between the two.

Most "make offer" on eBay only take off a few bucks. But may be worth your time to save a buck. AE has promotions at times, even at the store level or using the mobile app. Shop smart.

Warranty? You will pay for it. Many items we use are rebranded (YETI vs RTIC vs Ozark Trail in the steel beverage holder industry, $80 vs $30 vs $10 for the same thing)... if you get a DOA, contact seller or open a claim. If you brick it, likely can find an answer/solution here.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you brick it and throw it in the trash and buy another your still often ahead of buying it retail from a US vendor w/Warranty.

I bought several Dahua's from US vendors w/Warranty and Support, in the end the warranty and support expired on all of them without me using it at all.. its kinda like buying an extended warranty that exceeds the cost of most repairs except total catastrophic failure, which is often covered by manufacturer warranties.. (emissions and powertrain are good til 80k for most manufacturers, due to law)

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You might want to check costco.com. They sell Lorex ip camera systems, which are, I believe, rebranded Dahua cameras. They have a very good return policy.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at Lorex cams in the past because they owned by FLIR. I figured they may have some better technology/reliability because of the FLIR name. Any comments on the comparison between Lorex and Dahua?

barryrod

n3wb
Reaction score
I have bought almost all my cameras on eBay. Several of them from China sellers and only caveat is the time it takes to arrive. I have done make offer several times dropping a couple more bucks off the already great prices. I foresee me buying several more on eBay in the future

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The Devil is in the detail. If you are handy and can follow instruction and search for answers on this website..than go for the Chinese sellers, Usually things work out. I have done some commercial installs and its REALLY nice to be able to call my U.S. supplier and have a answer that really works or have them remote in and take a look at the system settings. I have about 26 years in the IT Biz but only 4 years doing cameras and I really have been liking the challenge of security cameras. Good luck on your purchase and Install. FYI this website has a vendor section, might be worth the call if you are not too handy with this stuff.