What is Hikvision "Live-Guard" and is anyone using it?

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I came across a security products supplier selling Hikvision systems having a link to instructions and firmware for setting up Hikvision "Live Guard" using a 2CD23xxG2 camera and 76XXNI/I2-XP NVR.

The instructions seem to show additional functions in the Hi-Connect mobile app that are exposed when Live-Guard is enabled.

It appears to operate like a traditional alarm system where zones can be created with various cameras which can be armed and disarmed with the Hi-Connect app.

I cannot find the relevant settings in my 7608NI-I2/8P and wondering if the firmware provided by the supplier is a special with the Live-Guard function baked in.

Attached a two images from a tech note on how to configure and use Hikvision Live-Guard.

I haven't see this before and Googling turned up next to nothing. Just curious if this is something new?

Attachments

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. Answering my own question. It turns out "Live-Guard" is a new feature to be introduced in an up coming firmware release.

The firmware posted on the vendor site was beta firmware. Notes indicated it was due for release around the end of Jan 2021 so can probably expect to see it introduced in the next firmware release.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using the new firmware?
Looks like there has been no further development by Hikvision. At least for the G2 series cameras. I tried the beta firmware last year but it had some issues so I reverted back to the standard firmware while I waited for a newer release which never came.

Dazman63

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered these cameras DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL based on the information in this video

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I watched the video but the functions he describes are pretty well the standard functions available in any G3 or G5 platform camera. The 2CD2347G2 is likely the G5 platform since they stopped making G3 platform cameras 12 months ago.

If I understand correctly, the Live Guard feature needs compatible firmware on the NVR which I don't think has been updated since the beta was released 12 months ago. It was only available for limited model NVRs AFAIK.

if you read the PDF attached in the third post above you will see that Live Guard is somewhat different to what is described in this video.

Happy to be shown otherwise since it was a feature that I thought had a lot of potential.

Dazman63

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like it’s only for Australia and New Zealand. I guess there are updates for other Gen cameras, as you have mentioned, for disarming zones via the app, but it clears the schedule. Sounds kind of pointless.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
LiveGuard is only lights and speakers in a nutshell. I was hoping for more when it was presented long ago