What is IPCamTalk member's favorite manufacturer currently?

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe historically it has been Dahua, with Hikvision second. Is that still case? Any changes or shifts or other manufacturers being considered? I see Uniview rising amongst low-cost China options, e.g.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Because of cost and support options, I would vote for Dahua first followed by Hikvision. However, I do hope we can see some American-made cameras make its way into the mainstream soon

I believe historically it has been Dahua, with Hikvision second. Is that still case? Any changes or shifts or other manufacturers being considered? I see Uniview rising amongst low-cost China options, e.g.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep pretty much Dahua then HiK John.

Reasons?
1- We have a great pimp supplier in Andy (with special mention to Sean and the guys at Nelly's)
2- Cost effective but not "cheap"
3- At the end of the day, very few product problems (though it can be a battle with firmware on new models, but Im guessing this isnt unique to Dahua)
4- Features on standard $200 cams that generally cost 2x-4x that with Axis
5- Relatively simple learning curve for the FW but still powerful enough for more complex scenes.
6- While there are a number of Pro's here, I'd venture a guess that the vast majority are homeowners and small businesses. The convenience of plug and play PoE NVR and compatible cameras that are a number of steps up from Ring and Arlo are appealing to that segment.