What is the bare wire for on the mini PTZ (12203TNI)?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ground wire maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
red white and black wires?
I thought it was just one stripped end wire approx 16 ga stranded or so. I only glanced at it quickly earlier in the day when I opened the box and I’m not near it now. Maybe I thought I saw one wire but perhaps its more than one.

I have a email in to Andy (who I got it from). I can’t find anything on the internet that tells me what it is and that installation guide only that lists it as “audio”.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was just one stripped end wire approx 16 ga stranded or so. I only glanced at it quickly earlier in the day when I opened the box and I’m not near it now. Maybe I thought I saw one wire but perhaps its more than one.

I have a email in to Andy (who I got it from). I can’t find anything on the internet that tells me what it is and that installation guide only that lists it as “audio”.
that is odd, there needs to be more than one wire for audio.
This 203 variant has the audio in, in addition to the mic as shown here Review-Dahua SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I probably looked at wrong then. When I get back to my business tomorrow I’ll check it out.

How does one hook up a better mic assuming I have those three wires? Everything I’ve seen for mics show them with RCA inputs.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wires are enumerated on the sticker on the cable. audio in, audio out, and a shared ground

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How does one hook up a better mic assuming I have those three wires? Everything I’ve seen for mics show them with RCA inputs.
you have to connect the wires to something... either directly to a mic or to an rca jack (available with screw terminals)

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So you guys were right. When I briefly looked at it yesterday, I didn't see all three wires. Somehow, I only saw the white one. I'll start looking around at some external mics to use with it.

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Audio IN means a mic input? If yes, that shouldn't be a shielded wire?