What is the best deal right now for an IP camera?

soarwitheagles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi again everyone!

Just wondering...

What is the best deal right now for an IP camera?

I am looking for something similar to the Hik 2032's that I purchased years ago, but of course, now everything will be much better [pixels, MB's etc.].

Thank you!

Soar

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There are so many options now.

There are 2 MP starlight models which are getting to be fairly old now but they are great at low light. Starlight cameras are much better than Hik 2032 at night, but pretty similar during the day.

Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE

Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal (cheaper, main sacrifice is no built-in microphone)

There are some new 4 MP starlight models but they are currently lacking "Smart IR" so they will overexpose anything that gets too close.

IR version: Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

White light version: Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+)

I am also a fan of Dahua's new larger-sensor 4K models (IPC-HFW1831E, IPC-HFW2831T-ZS). Some call these "starlight" but really they are not. Starlight is a label which the Dahua brand puts on certain models they believe to be particularly good at low-light capture, and they did not put that label on these models even though they do a pretty good job for a 4K sensor.

Varifocal: Review-Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS 8MP WDR IR Bullet Network Camera
Fixed lens: (8MP) IPC-HFW1831E Review
Dahua IPC-HFW1831E (2018 low light 4K) vs IPC-HDW4421C (Chinese 4MP)
With white light LEDs: Review-Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 4k Mini Bullet

And this is just the Dahua models. Hikvision has equivalent versions of many of these if that is your cup of tea, however they aren't as popular here anymore.

Some of the Hikvision versions can be found here too. The ones labeled Night Eye are the best at low light: https://store.ipcamtalk.com/

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Nicely done on the recommendations. May I ask do you have any recommendations for the 2MP? like any newer models that you think are good? I notice theres a new 2MP called "IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV" which supports starlight and supports SmartIR (best feature) though unsure if this info is right since the newer 4mp cameras apparently says it supports SmartIR but reviewers say it the 4mp starlights don't have this yet...

Last edited: