what is the best practice unistalling and reinstalling BI?

Reaction score
I guess my best recourse is to uninstall and reinstall but can I save my settings for my cameras or just start from scratch? remove my license, uninstall BI, run ccleaner, cold boot, run ccleaner again, repeat the reboot and reinstall blue?
no matter what I try I still have high CPU useage, I lost the ability to log into BI from the web or a web browser on my network, I get the pop of a device logging in but either another popup screen asking for credentials or access denied. anyway it's kicking my butt and I am about to go scorched earth on it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Clean windows install..no CCleaner crap....use Microsoft media... your biggest issue is your video card....you need Intel HD working

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are you saying BI only works best on computers with integrated video cards, not on gaming computers?
Yes of course... That is the entire point of Hardware acceleration it only works with Intel HD with quick sync

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess my best recourse is to uninstall and reinstall but can I save my settings for my cameras or just start from scratch? remove my license, uninstall BI, run ccleaner, cold boot, run ccleaner again, repeat the reboot and reinstall blue?
no matter what I try I still have high CPU useage, I lost the ability to log into BI from the web or a web browser on my network, I get the pop of a device logging in but either another popup screen asking for credentials or access denied. anyway it's kicking my butt and I am about to go scorched earth on it
Help file explains what keys to backup from the registry.

Reaction score
I really don't think that the intel hardware issue has anything to do with my remote log in issues as BI had been running on this machine for over 4 years

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I really don't think that the intel hardware issue has anything to do with my remote log in issues as BI had been running on this machine for over 4 years
I never said it did...i said your issues with cpu consumption are a direct result of not using the proper hardware and possibly the crap you have installed on your system...for example if you ran ccleaner it could have mucked up the registry.
a clean install must be dont properly from microsoft media..
this gaming machine is all wrong for blue iris..waste of resources and money.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no its only on intel hd second gen and up
That is bad news, has anyone been able to add quick sync running a nvidia card, I enjoy my screens and intel graphic card cannot handle them.

I have a intel hd second gen but I am using a nvidia quadro k1200

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is bad news, has anyone been able to add quick sync running a nvidia card, I enjoy my screens and intel graphic card cannot handle them.

I have a intel hd second gen but I am using a nvidia quadro k1200
some motherboards allow you to use both simultaneously