what is the best way to download 40+ clips for cops

Reaction score
inquiring minds need to know.
also does BI hand out limited function programs free to law enforcement?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I flagged and protected them. this must not be an ordinary burglary for them to spend this much effort
Probably a sting of burglaries with limited evidence and mounting pressure for arrests.

Reaction score
boy this convert and download is Sllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwww. The tech started almost 3 hours ago and it's still downloading

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
boy this convert and download is Sllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwww. The tech started almost 3 hours ago and it's still downloading
The conversion speed will depend on your pc and the load blue iris is using while its still processing your live streams...

Reaction score
with just BI running in the background it is running about 49 to 55%. this is on an EVGA X79 Black MB 16 gigs of ram, I7 processor running at 3700hz main drive is a samsung 500 gig SSD data for BI is on a 180 corsair SSD. fresh install of win 10 64 video card is a evga 970 water cooled

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
with just BI running in the background it is running about 49 to 55%. this is on an EVGA X79 Black MB 16 gigs of ram, I7 processor running at 3700hz main drive is a samsung 500 gig SSD data for BI is on a 180 corsair SSD. fresh install of win 10 64 video card is a evga 970 water cooled
How many hours of video are you trying to re encode? Also your EVGA card is slowing down your blue Iris machine unless your motherboard allows you to use Intel HD in conjunction with your discrete card.....

Reaction score
How many hours of video are you trying to re encode? Also your EVGA card is slowing down your blue Iris machine unless your motherboard allows you to use Intel HD in conjunction with your discrete card.....
how would I find this out? I do see there was an issue with the NVidia 970 cards but that was in extreme over clocking gaming machines

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
how would I find this out? I do see there was an issue with the NVidia 970 cards but that was in extreme over clocking gaming machines
There are some threads by bp2008 discussing this...but certainly remove the card, enable hardware acceleration (no vpp) and test.
Its not an issue with the card, its that blue iris uses intel hd with quicksync for hardware acceleration (you must enable it in the software) it will significantly reduce cpu consumption...no need to watercool a blue iris pc, its silly.

Reaction score
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-1976-KR 4GB HYBRID GAMING, "All in One" No Hassle Water Cooling, Just Plug and Play Graphics Card-Newegg.com
There are some threads by bp2008 discussing this...but certainly remove the card, enable hardware acceleration (no vpp) and test.
Its not an issue with the card, its that blue iris uses intel hd with quicksync for hardware acceleration (you must enable it in the software) it will significantly reduce cpu consumption...no need to watercool a blue iris pc, its silly.
my motherboard does not have integrated graphics, so I really don't know how I will test it without a video card. I was a really fast gaming computer but perhaps it time to build another one. but maybe I should uninstall and reinstall blueiris as daddy with all the attempted tweaks I can no longer see all the icons on the counsel and when I try to log in from a remote pc it takes me back to the password page. if I say allow directory listing it takes me to that but not to a viewing page

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-1976-KR 4GB HYBRID GAMING, "All in One" No Hassle Water Cooling, Just Plug and Play Graphics Card-Newegg.com

my motherboard does not have integrated graphics, so I really don't know how I will test it without a video card. I was a really fast gaming computer but perhaps it time to build another one. but maybe I should uninstall and reinstall blueiris as daddy with all the attempted tweaks I can no longer see all the icons on the counsel and when I try to log in from a remote pc it takes me back to the password page. if I say allow directory listing it takes me to that but not to a viewing page
Then you cannot use hardware acceleration...that's causing high CPU

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There isn't a lot of reason to have Blue Iris transcode your video. It should be a matter of single digit seconds per video file just to repackage the video in a different container (.bvr -> .avi or .mp4) without transcoding.