What is the relationship between EZViz and HikConnect?

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a hikvision nvr and for the longest time I used EZViz to view cameras when away from home. I then upgraded my firmware and switched to HikConnect since I thought that this would be the only way to see them remotely. Admin password was changed too and an encryption key to the streams was added.

Several months down the line I reinstalled EZViz and it seems to still work. I am able to get in, see the amount of cameras I have, but it asks for the stream key to be able to see them.

Still, I was surprised that EZViz still had some level of access to the nvr, especially since the Admin password had changed.

Can anyone speak into these two software platforms and how is it possible for EZViz to still have access, even after an Admin password change?
Thanks!

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are basically the same thing ith two different names (of many) for Hikvision's P2P network. You can use your same account to log in with Hik-connect and Ezviz (app and web site).

Reaction score
They are basically the same thing ith two different names (of many) for Hikvision's P2P network. You can use your same account to log in with Hik-connect and Ezviz (app and web site).
Hello,
I've had an NVR and 3 cameras operating for two years, and set them up via ezvizlife.com. Recently I added a 4th camera (which is working), but it doesn't show up in Ezviz Studio, so I tried logging into my account to see if I needed to add the 4th camera (and set a static thumbnail). Ezvizlife.com is now totally different, I couldn't find a Login link, and when I altered the url to visit the login page, it logged me in but returned the Promotions page. I can't fimd any access to my account. I can also log in to Hik-Connect, but although it show me the NVR details, I can't find any way to actually add the 4th camera. I've emailed hik-connect support, but had no reply except to say they've got the email.
Can anyone explain to me how to gain access to the setup pages that I used originally ?

Reaction score
The login on Ezviz web site for whatever reason is now hidden on the bottom of the web page.
Thanks, although I still can't find it. However, I have solved my problem. Buried deep in the FAQ on the Ezviz site I found this:
How to access Ezviz Advanced Settings
1) Go to the root directory of EZVIZ Studio in your PC and find the folder named “config”.
2) Copy the file named “AppConfig.ini” in the folder of “config” to desktop. Open “AppConfig.ini” in desktop
3) Add the following command which highlighted in yellow in “AppConfig.ini” and save before exiting.
[LocalOperation]
Show=1
4) Copy the “AppConfig.ini” file in desktop to folder of “config” and overlay the old one. Refresh the device page in EZVIZ Studio or reopen the Studio, then you will see the “Advanced”.
5) If you want to hide the “Advanced” setting, please change the command “Show=1” to “Show=0”, then reopen the EZVIZ studio.

So I tried it, and sure enough, after right-clicking on a camera, then right-clicking on 'settings', and then clicking on the 'Device' (NVR), up pop the camera icons with checkboxes to enable/disable each one.

Mathijs

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a somewhat related question:

Currently using 1 Hikvision camera, and Hikconnect.com account to view it.

I am thinking about getting an Ezviz camera (model CS-CV206), but before I buy it I want to be sure I can add the Ezviz account to my hikconnect account.

Do you guys think this is most likely be possible?

Thanks,
Mathijs

Reaction score
I have a somewhat related question:

Currently using 1 Hikvision camera, and Hikconnect.com account to view it.

I am thinking about getting an Ezviz camera (model CS-CV206), but before I buy it I want to be sure I can add the Ezviz account to my hikconnect account.

Do you guys think this is most likely be possible?

Thanks,
Mathijs
Yes. As explained above, the accounts are one and the same.

ebendl

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this thread.

I get the idea that the HIK Connect / EZVIZ accounts have split. At some point I used my EZVIZ account to log into HIK Connect and they said something about migrating the account. I am however still able to see the shared EZVIZ cameras on the HIK Connect app.

Recently I tried to log into the EZVIZ app again, only to be told the account no longer exists. I registered a new EZVIZ account, but when I tried to log into HIK Connect using the EZVIZ account, it also tells me the HIK Connect account doesn't exist.

I was hoping to add an EZVIZ Wifi camera to my curent Hikvision setup (no NVR, just SD cards, using the HIK Connect app) but at this point it looks like I will no longer be able to share the cameras between the two ecosystems?

I am also able to add the EZVIZ camera directly to the Hik Connect app -- as long as it is connected by Ethernet. Trying to add it to the HIk Connect app using Wifi doesn't work -- the EZVIZ camera broadcasts an SSID which is different than the one the Hik Connect app expects.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From what I know; the Hikvision P2P network is the same. All devices connect to the same P2P network, but the accounts are not shared any more.

You can have a device connected to the P2P network, and create either a P2P account on EZVIZ or Hik-connect, and add the device to the login you want. You can not use the Hik-connect account on EZVIZ app, or the other way around. And once a device is added to an account, it can not be added to the other one. You could register an account with the same email on both EZVIZ and Hik-connect, they will be separate accounts (differents devices, they can have different password, etc).

I don't understand your last paragraph. If you are saying that you can not configure the wifi on your EZVIZ camera from the Hik-connect app; try configuring it from the EZVIZ app. Once you have it up and working on the EZVIZ app and the device is configured properly, you should be able to remove the device from the EZVIZ account and add it to the Hik-connect account.

ebendl

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't understand your last paragraph. If you are saying that you can not configure the wifi on your EZVIZ camera from the Hik-connect app; try configuring it from the EZVIZ app. Once you have it up and working on the EZVIZ app and the device is configured properly, you should be able to remove the device from the EZVIZ account and add it to the Hik-connect account.
Yes, this is exactly what I meant. The Wifi setup in the Hik-connect app doesn't work with EZVIZ cameras. But I did noticed that I could add the EZVIZ camera to the Hik-connect app when it is already connected to the LAN. So I used your method:
1) Setup the camera to my Wifi using the EZVIZ app, separate account
2) Verified that it is on my network (RTSP using VLC works)
3) Delete it from the EZVIZ app/account
4) Scan the barcode in the Hik-connect app, it added immediately

This is exactly what I was looking for -- so I can now use it via the Hik-connect app (both in my own network and remotely) and most (if not all) features are available (different resolutions, talkback, arming etc.)

1609331511975.png

For some or other reason they don't sell WiFi enabled Hikvision cameras in South Africa, so the EZVIZ camera is the best I can do!