What NVR for Dahua TiOC cameras (ideally with live backup to Synology NAS)

Itasal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have six cameras, two on the main house and four on an outbuilding. Mix of:

Dahua DH-IPC-HDW3549H-AS-PV WizSense TiOC Grey Outdoor HD PoE Turret IP Camera w/ 2.8mm Lens, 30m Full Colour, Audio & Alarm (5 MP)
Dahua DH-IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV WizSense TiOC Outdoor HD PoE Bullet IP Camera w/ 3.6mm Lens, 40m Full Colour, Audio & Alarm (5 MP)

There is a POE switch in each location for the cameras. At the moment I am only using the two on the house (on Synology's surveillance station). Given the cost of additional Synology licenses I think I am better getting an NVR and putting that in the outbuilding - I can wire the four cameras there direct in to the NVR and the two on the house can go through the switch.

Two questions then:

• Which NVR would you recommend for six Dahua TIOC cameras? I want to be able to access it from my laptop whilst on my home network, and view footage from my mobile phone out and about. I may add one more camera in time but can't see myself needing more than 8 channels.
  • I would like to set up a 'live backup' to the NAS in my house - reason being, if someone breaks in to the outbuilding while I am away they can easily just remove/destroy the NVR and then I have lost all my footage. The NAS in the house is much more secure (and has loads of spare space).

I do not have a windows PC for Blue Iris. If I went down that route it would likely be much more expensive, so I have discounted. Happy to reconsider if you can convince me!

Any advice VERY gratefully received! I have been looking at Dahua NVRs but there are so many and it seems a minefield.