What Siren Can We Get to Work with the Dahua NVR?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What Siren Can We Get to Work with the Dahua NVR? I see Alarm IO ports on the back of the NVR, thanks

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
What Siren Can We Get to Work with the Dahua NVR? I see Alarm IO ports on the back of the NVR, thanks
Alarm I/O is a NO/NC switch.

A 12VDC siren would work as long it have it's own power supply to power it. I believe the max rating for the Alarm I/O is 30VDC. Check more about alarm feature in the NVR manual on page 102

However unless you plan to use it indoor, I don't think anyone can set up Alarm I/O on either NVR or Camera with almost zero fault alarm by using video motion alone. There are too many things that can cause fault alarm like bugs, snow, moving shadows.

To reduce fault alarm outdoor or indoor, you would want to attach a sensor like a PIR sensor etc to Alarm In. The better quality the sensor is, less fault alarm you will get.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I thought the Smart Motion settings would have a scaling feature to avoid false alarms

Alarm I/O is a NO/NC switch.

A 12VDC siren would work as long it have it's own power supply to power it. I believe the max rating for the Alarm I/O is 30VDC. Check more about alarm feature in the NVR manual on page 102

However unless you plan to use it indoor, I don't think anyone can set up Alarm I/O on either NVR or Camera with almost zero fault alarm by using video motion alone. There are too many things that can cause fault alarm like bugs, snow, moving shadows.

To reduce fault alarm outdoor or indoor, you would want to attach a sensor like a PIR sensor etc to Alarm In. The better quality the sensor is, less fault alarm you will get.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Do not rely on Smart Motion to make a perfect world. Hardware NVR's analytical setup is no where near as percise as something like BI. If you want to activate a strobe light that won't drive you or your family crazy, you connect a siren your family and neighbors will hate you!!!