What The Heck Is That Sound

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^ with @flynreelow ...
I've heard foxes, screech owls and much more....that's a kid in the back seat, IMO. The last sound faded away with the Doppler effect as the SUV disappears down the hill.

I was thinking maybe even the child is in pain and the driver is in a big hurry, pretty much running the stop sign but looking to insure no one's coming down the hill. If you're by yourself and the child is sick or injured you may still have to strap them in the car seat and that will really trigger their bawling...I was in that scenario once about 40 years ago.

Could as easily be throwing a fit, too.

Last edited:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
That is a bobcat you are hearing. I have heard it here in OK many times this time of year.
If that is true, it raises another question. Was it in the SUV?. I have had 2 recordings of bobcats in our yard. Do you think maybe it was trapped and put in a cage and being transported? Very strange indeed.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
their call travels surprisingly far. You might enjoy watching my live cams on my great horned owlets in my yard. They are about to fledge. www.okiebirdcam.com if they are out on the edge of the barrel watch the roof cam. If they are in the barrel watch the turret cam. The third cam is either set below the cam in case one falls or where Carol roosts during the day. I also have youtube videos okiebirdnerd - YouTube
enjoy the wildlife!

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If that is true, it raises another question. Was it in the SUV?. I have had 2 recordings of bobcats in our yard. Do you think maybe it was trapped and put in a cage and being transported? Very strange indeed.
Don't you have drainage ditches where you live? That is how lots of wildlife gets around when they don't want to be seen. And the sounds are always magnified and bounce. Just a thought.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I myself didn't think it was human. I thought it might be some type of animal in pain.
What is that sitting on the log on the far right center of the video, a speaker?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
What is that sitting on the log on the far right center of the video, a speaker?
Which of the 3 camera views do you see this? I don't see any logs that you might be referring to.