What to do?

cbw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought two mini PTZ cam. Both worked. Now one is now completely dead, it won't power up neither with decicated DC nor POE.

The second cam is booting up, but seems to be stuck in a cycle loop and the reboots. See this
Is there anything to do, or is the cam dead?

Br,
CBW

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What version of Mini PTZ are these?
What rating is the DC power supply that you tested with?

Unless there has been a hardware failure, it could be that there is a corruption in the flash that holds the firmware.
This does seem to be fairly common on this camera, it uses a rw (Read/Write) file system, so it's prone to having garbage written to it.
I have managed to recover Mini PTZ V2 cams 4 times so far, each one 'dead' but with different causes, but it requires connections to the 'serial console' pads on the system board.
Where are you located?
Do you have any electronics / IT experience?

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Install SADP and see if visible in SADP.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine did the boot dance then always got stuck and then "clicking sound" I manually helped it through the boot up and moved it with my hand until it stopped clicking then it finished the boot process. Not the best way but it actually worked but, I have rebooted it now too many times and now it just clicks away.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
there is a corruption in the flash that holds the firmware.
This does seem to be fairly common on this camera, it uses a rw (Read/Write) file system, so it's prone to having garbage written to it.
That's exactly what happened in my last 3 cams when they bricked but do you know if it's resolved in a latest firmware? Will add this into Q&A.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's exactly what happened in my last 3 cams when they bricked but do you know if it's resolved in a latest firmware? Will add this into Q&A.
soooo, you bricked 3 of your 5 Huisun's huh.. thats revealing.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why would I pay any attention to you and your junk?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
why would I pay any attention to you and your junk?
you tell me, you are clearly attracted to my junk and just can't let it go. Perhaps you secretely envy that my junk is actually better then your junk which you constantly have to stroke.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but do you know if it's resolved in a latest firmware?
I'm sorry, but without knowing the cause, it's pretty well impossible to tell when there is no access to the source code.
It would be better to ask the manufacturer if any fixes were implemented along those lines.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but without knowing the cause, it's pretty well impossible to tell when there is no access to the source code.
It would be better to ask the manufacturer if any fixes were implemented along those lines.
Well you know that's it's not happening and we just have to rely on what we find ourselves. I tried asking seller, but he either doesn't know or did not want to share any info.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201608091810S
Control Version MiniPtz_V2.0.1_build201607291544
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160809
Plugin Version1.0.4.41

cbw

n3wb
Reaction score
The version is this: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=182254949141&alt=web&globalID=EBAY-US&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F0%2Fe11051.m43.l1123%2F7%3Feuid%3D96ce52150e1646bea4610325588eab4b%26bu%3D43043457717%26cp%3D1%26sojTags%3Dbu%3Dbu

Please note that the Cams I purchased are the one with POE, and not at statedin the eBay description without POE.

The DC power supply are 12V 2.0A
The POE Injector I tested with is Zyxel POE 12-HP, rated to 30W.

I am located in Denmark.

Electronics experience is on a hobby level
IT experience I have.

Br,
Christian

What version of Mini PTZ are these?
What rating is the DC power supply that you tested with?

Unless there has been a hardware failure, it could be that there is a corruption in the flash that holds the firmware.
I have managed to recover Mini PTZ V2 cams 4 times so far, each one 'dead' but with different causes, but it requires connections to the 'serial console' pads on the system board.
Where are you located?
Do you have any electronics / IT experience?

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cbw

n3wb
Reaction score
So basically I should just return the two cams to theeBay seller as defective?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest, although some progress could probably be made by messing around with them, as they are new and clearly faulty (out of the box), that's probably the best action to take.
*edit*
You've confirmed that your power supply is adequately rated - if not, that could have been a cause of miscellaneous problems.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what I see with SADP; only one cam is shown, that is the one stuck in the cycle.

View attachment 13634

if both ip cam have the same ip can be a conflict between them.
trying in turn only one IP cam.
connects only one IP cam and check in SADP,
then connect the other,and check in SADP (but first ip cam must be of).