Whats an alternative to Huisin 10x PTZ

Fully

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am looking at replacing a large number of huisun 10x PTZs. I currently use Spypoint, Hikvision Foscam and Huisun cameras. Spypoint were flakey over wifi and despite multiple engineering builds of software from Spypoint, they proved not fit for purpose. I moved away from Foscam because the DC input is not polarity protected and hence caused maintenance issues at remote sites when Techs reversed the polarity. In relation to Hiusun, I have uncovered a number of bugs / feature gaps, however despite forwarding this information to Huisun, I have not received a response, nor could I find any resolution on the web. Hence at present I am using multiple cheap hikvisions to cover an area, obviously this creates power supply issues at remote solar sites. Hence what I am after is a PTZ with at least 10x magnification.....and reasonably priced.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Fully

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated.

I see there are 42 pages of chat in relation to that camera. A couple of quick questions

1) Can the number of still pictures the camera will record in the event of motion detection be adjusted. Ie Take 3 pictures at 1 second intervals. Then do nothing for the next ten seconds ? (The cameras will be installed in remote locations connected back via pt-pt microwave links, hence the need to limit bandwidth) All these parameters need to be adjustable, ie number of pictures taken, time between photos, reset time.

2) How fast is the trigger time, ie if something runs past the camera, does it take ages to take a photo and catch only the tail end of the subject.

3) What is the max distance for motion detection ?

4) Are they suitable for outdoors, ie -10 degress celcius to +45 ? Water proof etc.

I cant find the user manual, only the installation manual, do you know where its published.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just be aware that the Dahua units have a number of bugs and issues, too...and at double the price. Many of the 10x Huisun's have failed, but as long as they're working, there's nothing better in the price range.

The Dahua has it's benefits, such as more optical zoom, faster pan/tilt, more pan/tilt range....but it has it's drawbacks, too...Most concerning in the security world, is slow auto-focus and sometimes will not auto-focus correctly at all (particularly at higher zooms and in low light). There's also a number of incorrect specs, which while not very significant if using for general security purposes, can be problematic if using for other types of surveillance.

In my particular case (using as a weather/nature cam), I actually prefer the 10x Huisun because of the instant focus and better color reproduction. I have been able to get some comparably decent shots with the Dahua, but with a lot of extra manually work that wasn't required with the Huisun. A lot depends on your purpose and what features are most important.

I've only tried motion detection one time and gave up after about 20 minutes of playing around with settings and not being able to get good results. I'm sure I could have figured something out eventually, but it wasn't really important for my needs, so I haven't tried messing with it anymore.

The temperature range should be fine, although the 45ºC may be pushing the limits a bit...I would be nervous running it at that high of temp, although it "should" be able to handle it.

Fully

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the Dahuas are 3* the price of the huisuns. Does anyone know the process to raise a bug with Huisun ?