What's wrong with this cam?

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Curious if anyone had any ideas what might be wrong with the pic from my cam? Seems as though it just started that pinkish area yesterday (where the grass is).

Thoughts?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone had any ideas what might be wrong with the pic from my cam? Seems as though it just started that pinkish area yesterday (where the grass is).

Thoughts?
The IR cut filter is stuck...bang it tap it..switch from back and fourth between day/night mode and hope for the best.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The IR cut filter is stuck...bang it tap it..switch from back and fourth between day/night mode and hope for the best.
Thanks fenderman for the help. I tried switching from day / night via the Web interface and also tapped / smack the cam physically to no avail. I contacted the seller to report the issue. Hopefully they will repair / replace.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman for the help. I tried switching from day / night via the Web interface and also tapped / smack the cam physically to no avail. I contacted the seller to report the issue. Hopefully they will repair / replace.
Is it a hikvision?

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had this problem before I just pulled the cable and restarted the camera

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
it happened with my Dahua dome HDBW4421E-AS
First time, I was able to free it up by switching back & forth from color & b/w
Finally I heard the click of the ir cut filter, and problem went away.
For a few months.
I was unable to fix it w/ hits and color/b&w mode change.
Took it apart, cleared up the mechanism, put a very small bit of silicone lube on the filter's rails, and the problem hasn't re-appeared oin 8 months

Reaction score
I've never seen that issue with a Hik camera but have seen it many times with Digital Watchdog cameras. Fenderman is right, IR cut filter and his recommendations are what we usually do to correct the issue.