When to use HotSpot?

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman hates the Hotspot feature :). When is a good time to use hotspot rather than the green overlay motion detection? I have areas that are at the left and right edges of my cameras that do not seem to pick anything up.

Fenderman just having fun:D Thanks for all your help, I just wish I would of bought a Z5 instead of the 4231 dahua. Any newbies like me should follow Nayr, he keeps up with the latest Dahua equipment and gives great reviews.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman hates the Hotspot feature :). When is a good time to use hotspot rather than the green overlay motion detection? I have areas that are at the left and right edges of my cameras that do not seem to pick anything up.

Fenderman just having fun:D Thanks for all your help, I just wish I would of bought a Z5 instead of the 4231 dahua. Any newbies like me should follow Nayr, he keeps up with the latest Dahua equipment and gives great reviews.
never...its defeats the purpose of motion detection and you are better off using continuous recording

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok then how do I maximize /over sensitize a small area? Object movement pixels, contrast, % ?