When viewing clips on Android, screen flashes black constantly

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I'm viewing live video on my android tablet, everything works fine, but when I go to look at saved clip, the screen flashes black, then to a frame, then black again. Does this about every second.. 1/2 second of picture, 1/2 second of black frame.

Do I have to download Java or activix plugin? I thought these were big security issues.??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I'm viewing live video on my android tablet, everything works fine, but when I go to look at saved clip, the screen flashes black, then to a frame, then black again. Does this about every second.. 1/2 second of picture, 1/2 second of black frame.

Do I have to download Java or activix plugin? I thought these were big security issues.??
No. What are you using to view the footage?

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oops.. My bad.. its not the app I'm using, its the remote login using Chrome through my LAN..
Sorry about that.

The BI App seems smooth.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If the tablet is really old, it might not support good video playback through Chrome. Most Android devices should behave fine though.

Also if you have Blue Iris using Intel hardware acceleration and you have hardware acceleration enabled for clip playback, that can cause black frames during playback. (see camera properties > Video > Also BVR)

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If the tablet is really old, it might not support good video playback through Chrome. Most Android devices should behave fine though.

Also if you have Blue Iris using Intel hardware acceleration and you have hardware acceleration enabled for clip playback, that can cause black frames during playback. (see camera properties > Video > Also BVR)
The tablet is a brand new Samsung SM-T510 (10" tablet). My computer doesn't have hardware acceleration since I removed the primary video card. I have a GeForce GTX960 I was using for Autocad to support a trio of 27 inch monitors. Should I reinstall that card? Would it help? I know when I had it installed there was a Hardware Acceleration option.

The BI app on the android is smooth. Is there a way to make the stored clips larger? I can get full screen with the live view but nothing I do seems to allow the stored clips to go full screen.

Thanks for your help.. I'm just learning all this.