where and how to mount 2 external cams? challenging scenario...

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

so my uncle is acquiring this hair salon soon. he wants 1 camera to view the door entrance. i was thinking of putting the camera underneath the Son's sign on the left. BUT that metal shutter would get in the way.

then he wants another external cam to view the side of the street. BUT again, the metal shutter gets in the way. for this camera, i would recommend him to mount the camera at the other side so he can see the entrance as well.

so any way we can mount the 1st camera?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you mount a turret on the skinny wall between the left window and the entrance (mounted below the level of the shutter)?

As far as the sidewalk(s), can you mount the camera on an extension arm attached to the brick wall? I would mount one on each side of the store.

Of course I dont know if you can get access to the skinny wall for wiring and the same goes for the brick wall.

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you mount the camera on an extension arm attached to the brick wall? I would mount one on each side of the store.
do you have a link of what a premade extension arm looks like?
i was thinking of making 1 from scrap at HomeDepot. but i prefer something that's already made to look nicer.

as for wiring, it is actually easy. the cable TV guy drilled a big hole for the cable line. he caulked up the hole so i will remove the caulk and add the 2 CAT 5 for the 2 cameras.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The major manufacturers all make something. The type of camera (turret, bullet, PTZ) will make the biggest difference in what is available as far mounting. I know Hik makes a pendant mount for turrets which would be very easy to extend with some iron pipe.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but that what kind of pedestrian traffic is around that area? Reason I ask is, is there more of a concern of someone vandalizing the cameras (even turrets) if they aren't high enough? For the door entrance I would put one inside zoomed into the doorway. The outside cams I would look at 4 cams for general area coverage with varifocal lenses in the tan area. Two to the right and two to the left of the front door.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
google "cctv camera parapet bracket", many options available