Where can i get a hikvision cable?

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK this is a bit of a strange one but i have a2cd3345 and the cable on it now idea how is bad. I finally figured out what was going on with the cam by moving the wires around one day and it booted up then when the wires moved again it shut back down. I tore it apart and it does not look difficult to replace but finding the cable itself has been more than a challenge. Anyone have any ideas?

and in case you are unsure where the cable appears to be busted/shorted/whatever it is on the outside of the cam about 2 to 3 inches out.

thanks

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is an old technical bulletin from Hikvision. Check your wire colors and see if they match. You can also cut the camera cable and separate the wires and using an RJ45 cable do the same after plugging it in the camera cable. Then use an ohm meter to determine what camera lead colors match the ethernet cable. Once you figure out what colors are what you can solder a new female RJ45 connector our use a keystone jack. The keystone will not be waterproof. Use heatshrink tubing if you go the solder way.

https://us.hikvision.com/sites/default/files/tb/camera_rj45_wiring_1.pdf

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.