Where does time come from on Bi ??

Stev Wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an older version of BI which works great. (4.8.6.3. w32)

I want to know here does the time that BI uses come from. Is there a setting for this. I cant find it.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the Camera Properties / Configuration/System settings/time Settings. This is for the Overlays of the time. AND I'm not talking about the settings in the Camera its self. Presumably the BI software either gets if from the computer or a time server. Where are these settings ? I cant see them??

Thanks.
Regards

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an older version of BI which works great. (4.8.6.3. w32)

I want to know here does the time that BI uses come from. Is there a setting for this. I cant find it.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the Camera Properties / Configuration/System settings/time Settings. This is for the Overlays of the time. AND I'm not talking about the settings in the Camera its self. Presumably the BI software either gets if from the computer or a time server. Where are these settings ? I cant see them??

Thanks.
Regards
It gets its time from the PC

Stev Wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So in saying this I infer that there is no specific time settings for this.
But rather most likely I need to go to the bios in the computer to either pick up the time from a time server or from the clock in the bios.
Thanks.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Windows initially gets its boot date/time from the BIOS. If connected to the internet, Windows will request an update from an internet time server; the default is time.windows.com.

1583366206332.png