Where is the API for motion and other events for Hikvision cameras documented?

Jay Eye

n3wb
Reaction score
Where is the API for getting notifications for motion and other events from Hikvision cameras? I have a whole lot of DS-2CD2142FWD-IS units. Google search finds other people looking for the same thing, which is how I found about ipcamtalk!

There is some python and node.js code out there, but best for me not to offer my evaluation about its quality :)

I have found an old manual (from 2014) of the ISAPI documentation Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd., but it only documents how to set and retrieve configuration parameters.

Thanks!

/ji

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There used to be a selection of integration documents on the EU Portal, but they have been removed.

I don't know if these hold what you are looking for, but maybe worth a look. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
The SDK worked examples are quite interesting - you can do things to a camera that are no longer in the web GUI, such as enable SSH on the newer firmware.

Jay Eye

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, but yes, I've seen them. Quite useless. There is no source code, just binaries, and if the code quality of the .h files is any indication, this is not code I would run on my production systems.