Where to buy? Amazon less expensive.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know! Upon the arrival of my Huisun, I may decide to keep my DeckCam #1, and just add DeckCamPTZ...but I only bought a single cam license ('Lite'?)..still running 3.6, too...I thought there was an upgrade discount?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They are both the same product. Foscam simply slaps their name on the box. I would not purchase anything from that company. Aside from their subpar cameras/support, they were selling BI3 for MONTHS after BI4 was out. They dont deserve your business.
Blue iris is developed and supported by a single person so there is a direct benefit to him. No other VMS is supported at the level blue iris is, I would buy direct. Uncheck the download protection, digital river automatically adds it, you dont need it.

This seller seems legit too, but I dont know for certain. You can email blue iris support and ask.
http://www.blueirisdownload.com/

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know! Upon the arrival of my Huisun, I may decide to keep my DeckCam #1, and just add DeckCamPTZ...but I only bought a single cam license ('Lite'?)..still running 3.6, too...I thought there was an upgrade discount?
There is an upgrade discount..the upgrade is 30 dollars..however i dont know who it works with the lite version...I would email support...likely he will give it to you for 30.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is an upgrade discount..the upgrade is 30 dollars..however i dont know who it works with the lite version...I would email support...likely he will give it to you for 30.
That, I'll do! Cheers! The OG prompt to d/l 4.0 had the usual code, but naturally it is invalid nowadays. I'll email da man! :)

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris official web site is $59.95. http://blueirissoftware.com/purchase/

Amazon is $49.95. http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-Blue-Iris-Professional-Version/dp/B008YD80KC

Both up to 64 cameras.

What am I missing?
I would buy directly from Ken (the author), even if it means spending $10 more, it is well worth it to show your support. For what he charges, this is a fantastic piece of software and is constantly being updated. He must work on this thing 24x7 based on the number and frequency of updates. I don't mind paying a little more to help ensure he keeps on working on it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman and chaycock.

I know some OEMs do not discount as to not undercut their other official resellers (if they have official resellers). I thought maybe that is what was going on here.

I will buy directly from Ken. Happy to pay extra to support the product.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any reason to get the CD? I'm old fashioned and like having a hard copy. However, if I get a license code that can be used to reinstall, should my system crash, then I see no reason to add ~$12 to the order.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any reason to get the CD? I'm old fashioned and like having a hard copy. However, if I get a license code that can be used to reinstall, should my system crash, then I see no reason to add ~$12 to the order.
No, a cd is a bad idea...blue iris is updated often and a cd is going to be outdated before you receive it. There is absolutely no reason for it.

chrisvdv

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a ipcamera reseller from Belgium and I bought my first full license from the official BlueIris website for 66$ in april (i can show the invoice). I'm buying it now from Ebay (Blueirisdownload.com) for 48$. I already bought many licenses this way. So far so good.