Where to buy in Europe?

MJensen

n3wb
Reaction score
... or rather the EU (minus the UK soon) to avoid import taxes.

I see a lot of Hikvision cameras and NVRs, for sale on eBay and Aliexpress, but I would prefer to go through an official channel to keep the warranty an ensure that the units can be upgraded.

Most EU distributors listed with Hikvision Europe, require password logins in order to show prices, making it a bit of a hassle to compare prices and find the best deals

I have looked at these two sites that both show prices (not sure if this is a bad sign in itself), but none of them list them selves as "Authorized resellers":

IPcam-shop
W3CAM Vidéosurveillance et Caméra IP Axis

Does anyone have experience with these resellers?

Where do you buy your Hikvision cameras and other equipment?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.

Do not use wifi cameras.

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

Use Andy a forum member to purchase Dahua cameras he ships world wide. He has an Aliexpress shop and an Amazon shop. He is highly recommended.
Empire Technology Co
Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
https://www.amazon.com/s?tag=ipctk-...3EBQGJF&merchant=A329YQ83EBQGJF&redirect=true

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure the warranty works the way you expect... it didn’t for me. I bought my Hikvision from an authorized US reseller. When I had a tech support question and contacted Hikvision directly, because I wasn’t an installer, they wouldn’t help me. They told me the reseller that sold me the camera would have to handle my support (and warranty).

I switched to Dahua after that. Dahua was just bringing their first low-light (Starlight) models out at the time, and Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) made them easy to order. Dahua’s firmware was also easier to get to keep models updated. Hikvision has since come out with low-light models, but they don’t have as many styles and capabilities as Dahua. Their firmware can be hard to find, but now that the forum here (IPCT) sells rebranded Hikvision models, that may be a little easier (at least for the models they sell). Nobody’s ever seemed to find a Hikvision equivalent of Andy for ordering, though. IPCT is making that easier for the models that they sell.

Last edited:

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most EU distributors listed with Hikvision Europe, require password logins in order to show prices, making it a bit of a hassle to compare prices and find the best deals
Are you an enduser or reseller?
If you are a reseller and you order frequently you will have login data from that company.
If you are a reseller i could help you. The only thing is you need to import it your self.

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvsion has released its authority to some Chinese distributors who can provide its official English verison products to overseas surveillance project constructors.
The required information are,
1. your company/address,
2. the goal construction project name/address( such as supermarket, school, hospital, etc.)
3. a model list (Hikvision model number and amount used in the project).
All information shall be real ( Hikvision overseas office would check the information reality), but the project can be nominated or potential.

Hikvision has approved and delivered several project items of our North American customers. All of these Hikvision products are official Hikvision English version and can get the technical support directly from local Hikvision office.

Frankly to say, all of Hikvision/Dahua products, which sold in AliExpress/Amazon or other websites, are grey products. They are not recognized by Hikvision/Dahua.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bob Hsu

Total not true. There are valid resellers on AliExpress and Amazon. You just need to do your research

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are other Company who are legit and can order and sell the product.
I would never buy such an expensive toy without gov. warranty. The save my life when I got a Product from Canada.
The Company refuse over month to send it in for warranty. So I told them the take it back for inspection or I claim my money from the CC.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please...

The cost of warranty on some of these cameras will add $100.00 US to the cost. Go ahead and waste your money. The forum has vendors will will take a product back if it fails.

Raivo

n3wb
Reaction score
I've bought quite a few things, including Hikvision, from these guys: https://www.arm-sec.co.uk/shop-video-security. I think they are based in England but can ship to Finland (not sure about Norway). My orders always come with a manufacturer's 2/3 year warranty card. All prices are on website and delivery to me was like 3-4 days.