Where to buy new Hikvision "Easy IP 3.0" Cameras

woodsie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've recently seen some new cameras pop up on Hikvision's international website that have specs which seem too good to pass up.

I'm particularly looking at the 3MP line of "Low Light" cameras with a color Lux rating of 0.005:
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

I've got some of their darkfighter cameras with the same Lux rating and they are awesome in low light but they big and costly ($600+) and have features I just don't need like motorized lenses.

Has anyone seen where these new ones can be purchased yet? If they are in the $100-$200 range like their previous generation fixed lens cameras, I'd go hog wild with them as I've got several locations which just aren't getting the job done with the older cameras due to challenging lighting conditions.

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very nice.
Press release on Hik Europe's web site: Hikvision Europe
I also have a 4026 DarkFighter and it does a great job, even with no IR lighting. The specs for the 2MP and 3MP low-lights are with 1/2.8" sensors, so it's not the same technology as the 1/1.8 in the current 2MP Darkfighter series. Possibly (finally!) using those Sony Exmor R sensors.

Interestingly, these also support all of the modern codecs Hik has been rolling out on different models: H.264, H.264+, H.265 and H.265+

The turret also has an SD slot. Yoohoo for progress!

Last time I waited for something to come out after being announced, it took 6+ months (the 4MP cube - just got one). So it may take a while. However, if they are as good as other Exmor R low-light offering (e.g. from Dahua), I'm selling all my 2342s and grabbing those instead :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is good to see...something from hikvision to compete with the dahua starlights...although these dont have varifocal or mic....

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like they finally got their hands on the sensor Dahua is using... those two really remind me of Radeon and Nvidia of the video card industry.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Will be interested to see a shootout, 2mp is just sad, it's 2017, we should have affordable high res cams like 8mp or something

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

woodsie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will be interested to see a shootout, 2mp is just sad, it's 2017, we should have affordable high res cams like 8mp or something

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The 2mp and 3mp versions appear to be low light versions. They also have 5mp and 8mp cameras in that same line.

woodsie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think it's a typo carried over from Hikvisions website. When you download the data sheet it quotes a more typical 0.01 lux rating which I think is the same as the prior gen 4mp version.

I got excited about that one too until I double checked the data sheet. I think the 2mp and 3mp versions are the real deal though since they are marketed as "low light".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's a typo carried over from Hikvisions website. When you download the data sheet it quotes a more typical 0.01 lux rating which I think is the same as the prior gen 4mp version.

I got excited about that one too until I double checked the data sheet. I think the 2mp and 3mp versions are the real deal though since they are marketed as "low light".
good catch

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua has the 3MP 1/2.8 Starlights too, but they are Ultras so they are not as affordable as the EcoSavvy 2MP Starlights (>$300): 3 Megapixel, im personally not fond of 4:3 cameras as I have no 4:3 displays.

Have to wait and see what Hik decides to put these on the street for, hopefully its reasonable.. knowing them it wont be easy to get a grey market model and International & US Distributors will be charging arms and legs.

Also beware, Hik's lux ratings are not matched to the optics they ship.. that F1.2 Lux rating and datasheet indicates its a F1.6 optical package.. but if thats true its better than F2.0 of the Dahua fixed lens starlights and not that much smaller than the F1.4 in the Varifocal..

I welcome em; competition is good and drives progress.. Hik vs Dahua competing has been raising the bar while lowering the costs for everyone.. else end up like Axis that just been stagnating for a while.

Last edited:

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what is prefer the 3mp or 5mp ?
It's will works with the "old" NVRs? (As I saw that hikvision also roll out new NVRs that support H265/4K)

Regards.

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua has the 3MP 1/2.8 Starlights too, but they are Ultras so they are not as affordable as the EcoSavvy 2MP Starlights (>$300): 3 Megapixel, im personally not fond of 4:3 cameras as I have no 4:3 displays.

Have to wait and see what Hik decides to put these on the street for, hopefully its reasonable.. knowing them it wont be easy to get a grey market model and International & US Distributors will be charging arms and legs.
Some prices I received including DHL shipping:

DS-2CD2335FWD-I, 148USD/pcs
DS-2CD2185FWD-IS, 223USD/pcs
DS-2CD2385FWD-I, 225USD/pcs

From what I've heard these cams are due to be released in April. I have the 2335 on order, quite curious to see how it will perform in the dark.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I couldn't see the 2335's on that site and the search doesn't seem to be working either..
Do you have any links?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a quick look on the site and the navigation seems broken - I couldn't find any individual Hikvision cameras, just very expensive kits.

Fahad

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a quick look on the site and the navigation seems broken - I couldn't find any individual Hikvision cameras, just very expensive kits.
Just notice they updated their website these are direct URLs for Hikvision Products

They are doing many different CCTV Kits I think their Hikvision CCTV Kit and Hikvision IP CCTV System cheaper as compared to other companies.

Last edited: