Where to purchase cameras

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
Where is the best place to purchase security cameras and price (ebay, aliexpress, amazon, or direct from vendor)? If I purchase from aliexpress or vendor, how long does it usually take to arrive to California? I see that amazon prices are higher. Although I like their return policy and fast shipping.

Wanting to purchase today.

Thanks,
Frank (not Farnk lol)

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pls, never buy in a hurry... that will become a mess...

I looked for mine Dahua via ALIExpress... and negotiate outside of ALIExpress a packageprice.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're looking at Dahua, check with Andy at Empire Tech. He's listed in the vendor section here. He also stands behind the products although you would have to pay shipping back to China for warranty work. I've ordered multiple times, from paying the invoice to delivery hasn't taken longer than four days to the East Coast, he uses DHL.

Buying from FleaBay or AlleyExpress can be a little hit or miss. The cameras, many times, have hacked Chinese firmware and upgrades to the firmware can be problematic or result in a brick.

If you're looking at Hikvision, check the IPCT store here. The guys will support it very well and prices are reasonable. Shipping is from the US.

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats crazy,

someone ask for "where to buy best" without define WHAT he really wants to buy, and many answer just support THAT!!!

None of those ask WHAT requirements the person really need (cam)...

Sorry, but all of you help not at all... so I am OUT of that!!!

To farnk, buy fast, it helps you learn... as we say in Germany "Learning by burning"

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@farnk

^ +1

If Andy has them in stock you'll get them quickly to CA.

I recommend only vendors which someone you know will give a positive reference to. There just are too many issues with some random vendors to take your chances imho.