Which firmware for DS-7608NI-K2/8P

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The firmware for my DS-7608NI-K2/8P from new is V.3.4.98 Build 171121 date 2018-05-24.

I've two issues with the current firmware, lack of configurations for Live View with Channel Zero, just 1+7 available, and any indication that I've ever had NTP Server working or DST. How much these are firmware issues I'm not sure, Hikvision doesn't appear to routinely publish release notes for their firmware versions.

The Hikvision Portal shows two firmwares for this NVR dated 2018-11-13 here
V3.4.100 build 180626
V3.4.101_build 180904
It seems odd there are two firmwares released on the same date unless there is a language difference or something else.
Any advice?

My NVR's serial number doesn't have CH in it, yet iVMS reports that the firmware is not updatable and UK support offer no support, just normal for Hikvision these days?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems odd there are two firmwares released on the same date
The build dates are not the same.
Don't confuse the date the files were published on the site with the version and build dates of the firmware.
Look at all the rest down that list - they are all the same because the site layout was re-arranged on that date.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, obvious I suppose, the build number is the date of the software, V.3.4.101_build 180904, means 2018-09-04.
Would you recommend I attempt an update of my DS-7608NI-K2/8P? I've no idea what improvements Hikvision incorporated into the latest software version.
With iVMS it reports my NVR not upgradeable, the IE Hikvision browser plugin reports no upgrade available. My serial number has CCRRC in the middle and ends in WCVU.

My decision I know but do you recommend I update or will any improvements be relatively trivial and not worth taking any risk?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the IE Hikvision browser plugin reports no upgrade available.
I've never seen that button do anything, even when updates are available.
I did intend to take a look at what it did, what it tried to connect to, but never got round to it.

My decision I know but do you recommend I update or will any improvements be relatively trivial and not worth taking any risk?
I'm sorry but any comment would be guesswork, as I've no experience of that firmware version.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks.
For what it's worth, I successfully upgraded without incident from V.3.4.98 build 171121 to V.3.4.101 build 180904.
After a quick look I've not noticed anything new or different. Someone tell me it was all worthwhile!