Which indoor IP Cams for hair salon?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Wife works at a hair salon and they are thinking about getting cameras installed. They are a small business privately owned salon with 2 co-owners and my wife does booth rental there. They don't have a big budget unfortunately. They have a drop ceiling with the tiles that lift up when you push on them if that makes sense. They want the cameras installed in the tiles as they don't want them installed on the walls. Any recommendation on cameras for this kind of setup?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Wife works at a hair salon and they are thinking about getting cameras installed. They are a small business privately owned salon with 2 co-owners and my wife does booth rental there. They don't have a big budget unfortunately. They have a drop ceiling with the tiles that lift up when you push on them if that makes sense. They want the cameras installed in the tiles as they don't want them installed on the walls. Any recommendation on cameras for this kind of setup?
I've seen smaller / light eye ball / turrets connected to the hanging tile support cross sections. Perhaps something along that form factor would work.

Something like this maybe?
IPC-HDW1320S - Dahua Technology

Or perhaps a newer model 4MP turret...

If you want less noticeable perhaps a mini-dome version.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've seen smaller / light eye ball / turrets connected to the hanging tile support cross sections. Perhaps something along that form factor would work.

Something like this maybe?
IPC-HDW1320S - Dahua Technology

Or perhaps a newer model 4MP turret...

If you want less noticeable perhaps a mini-dome version.
Any idea how they attach to the cross sections?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IPC-HDB4231C-AS | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

IPC-HDB4231G-AS - Dahua Technology

This includes IR, other two do not. IPC-HDBW4231F-AS | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

3.6mm lense or higher.

These are small and light, they would be easy to attach to the tile or the rails.
Sweet, so just drilling into the tile should be fine maybe? Or maybe a small board or small pieces of wood for the screws to catch on? I think I am going to get the IPC-HDBW4231F-AS 2.8mm for my house to replace one of my indoor cameras. My living room camera looks super grainy at night. This is just a screenshot but even in the screenshot you can tell the night quality sucks.

2017-11-10_13-00-51.png

So 2.8 would be a poor choice for the salon?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd stick with 3.6mms. Yes small pieces of wood on top of panel. The panel s are cheap if one needs replacing.