Which IR Emitter works best with Dahua cameras?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Which IR Emitter works best with Dahua cameras? I remember seeing one posted by @nayr, picturing one of his bullet cameras under an eave. Thanks

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That one nayr reference to is mainly for his lpr projects i think.

I like the ones from scene electronics i have. Scene Electronics(HK)Co., Ltd - Professional Manufacturer of IR Illuminator and White Light Illuminator.
They can be bought with and without POE and are very nice quality. Only disadvantage is that they have fixed angle when compared to the light cannon type nayr uses.

Scene Electronics(HK)Co., Ltd - Products - S-SG6P-IR PoE IR Illuminator - Scene,Infrared illuminator,Infrared-ray night vision video camera,CCDLEDLamp board.Infrared Lamp board,High clear with lifrared ray an d night_sight came,Infrared Night Vision Assembly Cover,White light lamp

I have a light verison (3.6 watt) of the light cannon, so less powerfull than the one nayr uses and that is good for very narrow angles for lpr.

The 10 watt scene electronics performed much better (but no surprise with almost 3 times the power) at 90 degree angles.

So it is best you think out what you want to light out/up with ir and than select modules with the matching light angle. No use to take a 90 degree IR unit and a 4 or 6 mm lens.

Last edited:

kheiney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried 2 times now to order the style nayr has but both times the order never shipped and got cancelled. Hard to find a store that actually has them or cares to keep a real stock level.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That one nayr reference to is mainly for his lpr projects i think.
Also seems to be proving hard to get based off reports from @handinpalm, @cybermech and @kheiney all purchased from the same vendor on Aliexpress.

Where did you end up buying these from, Aliexpress? Looking into these as an alternative to the IR cannon.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've tried 2 times now to order the style nayr has but both times the order never shipped and got cancelled. Hard to find a store that actually has them or cares to keep a real stock level.
Funny I am finding numerous items I order that either never shipped or all of sudden supplier is outed at check out. I think Aliexpress now has implemented something where if you have a certain amount of claims you are "banned". I have opened a new account with wifes name and different credit card so we see if the items I bought show up. I find when buying the identical item on the new account at checkout it processes but, with old account "all of a sudden" supplier is out of stock .hmmmmmmm

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use RAYMAX 50
Expensive i know but very good IR .

BICK

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where did you end up buying these from, Aliexpress? Looking into these as an alternative to the IR cannon.
I ordered directly from them (factory)

Nice people, good English mails.

Only shipping costs are bit high, and for paying $15 extra from paypal.

Units $34
Shipping $46 (6 units)
Bank costs $30 or paypal cost $15

Last edited: