Which PTZ for mounting on the top of the pole?

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Too much choice with Dahuas :)

Here is what I am trying to solve:
I would like to get add PTZ cam to my system, that I could use to check out how dirty/clean my solar panels are and also trigger it to act as 2ndary recording cam for when one of the primary cameras is triggered.

Since I plan to mount it on top of the pole, which I will attach to the top of the roof, I would like to be able to have unobstructed 360 view ability, hence why top of the pole.

IR capability is not important, since, well, it will be useless. So probably Starlight and maybe 10x zoom or so.

Which one(s) should I look at? Don't need fancy AI stuff, so this should be (possibly) less $$$$

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want auto tracking get the 592255. If you don't need auto tracking a SD49225T-HN Lite Series.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New AI version is out. The one I bought is SD49225XA-HNR, should be on it's way from Andy already. Pretty much the same price as the last gen so might as well.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Too much choice with Dahuas :)

Here is what I am trying to solve:
I would like to get add PTZ cam to my system, that I could use to check out how dirty/clean my solar panels are and also trigger it to act as 2ndary recording cam for when one of the primary cameras is triggered.

Since I plan to mount it on top of the pole, which I will attach to the top of the roof, I would like to be able to have unobstructed 360 view ability, hence why top of the pole.

IR capability is not important, since, well, it will be useless. So probably Starlight and maybe 10x zoom or so.

Which one(s) should I look at? Don't need fancy AI stuff, so this should be (possibly) less $$$$
Review-Dahua SD42212T-HN 2mp Starlight 12x PTZ | IP Cam Talk
Mounting options:

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For true 360 unobstructed you need something like a Pelco Esprit. A regular dome will always be obscured by its mounting pole because they have to hang from something. The Esprit design has the added benefit that it can look upwards to very high angles, again besting the functionality of a dome type PTZ.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Umm, I don't think he wanted to spend $2000 for his setup.
This one is $1500 CHEAPER.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Here are some top mounted traditional ball PTZ's that have full 360° view. I put a 4mp dahua lens in one of the large black ones and it has held up very good for several years.
It is a much stronger PTZ than any other one I have ever seen, almost hard to move by hand.

Only odd thing is the connection, a little different than most and i'm not sure if it has PoE, I have always hard wired it.
You would have to come up with your own mount, but the little ones are magnetic.

top ptz.jpg