Which setting would you choose? see vid

Predki

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all,

I am experiencing night time motion blur on auto shutter setting, and ghosting if choosing the manual exposure setting (1/200). I don't think I can get it much better than these two options. Both can see the license plate at the end of my driveway, yet both have their own distinct motion related artifacts. I would hate to not catch sufficient detail due to motion blur, but the alternative isn't a whole lot better.

I saw a few other threads on here from before without a clear resolution to the problem. Some have suggested turning off digital noise reduction, other have suggested increasing bit rate, turning off WDR, turning off intel hardware acceleration/installing older drivers, increasing video buffer size. I have played with all these settings to no avail (except installing older intel drivers but this doesn't impact me because I don't use quick sync and I record direct to disk).

Video 1: settings are auto shutter
Video 2: Shutter set to 1/200 (1/100 isn't much better and has slightly more blur and anything shorter makes the image too dark)

camera: GWSecurity GW5189MIP

Which setting would you choose? if you know what causes the ghosting please let me know!

thank in advance.

Matt
View attachment IPCAM1.mp4

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My first choice would be to turn on a porch light...

Turn down DNR
Turn off WDR at night in B&W
Try CBR, I prefer it with fast moving objects
Crank bitrate to 8192

At the end of the day, you have an older 1/3" sensor on an over priced 5MP camera and it aint gonna do great in low light unless you add a buttload of white light or IR
GW5189MIP HD-IP Motorized Zoom PoE Camera