Why am i getting push notifications for cams I've not set for that?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Long time BI user here, occasionally dusting off instructions to try a new feature I haven't used before.
Today, it's the Alerts and push notifications for a camera.
While testing this by setting up the push notification for a couple of cameras and testing the push alert (which was successful), I now seem to continue to get them even though I've turned both of them off on the BI console settings.
Anyone have any ideas why I still receive the pop ups on my android tablets when the push notification is turned off on the BI console for that camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Long time BI user here, occasionally dusting off instructions to try a new feature I haven't used before.
Today, it's the Alerts and push notifications for a camera.
While testing this by setting up the push notification for a couple of cameras and testing the push alert (which was successful), I now seem to continue to get them even though I've turned both of them off on the BI console settings.
Anyone have any ideas why I still receive the pop ups on my android tablets when the push notification is turned off on the BI console for that camera?
alerts are profile specific. you need to ensure you have disabled them for the correct profile

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I have 3 cameras that I do want to the push notifications set for but all of the rest of the cameras not.
Am I understanding that I go to the cameras I want push turned on, verify they're on and test them, then
look under my profile (which I think I only use two (night/day)... Sound right?
This is an area of BI I haven't delved into as much as other areas so appreciate your guidance and I don't recall doing anything under profiles when I started investigating push notificiations, but I will check.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, so I just got another push to my tablet from my Cam50. I went to Cam 50 in the BI Camera settings and under all profiles for that camera the push notification is not turned on. Yet I still get them.
Is there some other place I'm missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so I just got another push to my tablet from my Cam50. I went to Cam 50 in the BI Camera settings and under all profiles for that camera the push notification is not turned on. Yet I still get them.
Is there some other place I'm missing?
What type of notification is it? Motion? Watchdog?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Right. but I checked every setting and I'm only getting alerts from two cams I test set up initially and turned off the settings. but I didn't reboot (like you suggested) so I'm trying that now.