Why are my HIK 7716 NVR's performing so slowly?

Reaction score
I'm a dealer and the last 3 we've put in all show ridiculous cursor lag when using the mouse on the console. All are fully populated with 16 3mpxl HIK DS2-2032i cameras and just took the default NVR settings options (more or less plug and play). The cursor will freeze for a good 3-5 seconds and then jump ahead to wherever the mouse was moved, and then freeze again. This repeats every 5-10 seconds. Doing a factory default/reboot did not improve it any. Extremely annoying and the customer is not happy with it.

Do we need to crank down bitrates/resolution/fps? I've lowered all the cameras to 1080p (2mpxl) and cursor still lags. This should not be happening on the 77xx models in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Do they all have the same firmware version and is it the same as previous installs that had no problem?
Are these the NI-Ix or the NI-Ex models?

Are you able to ask Hikvision Tech Support about the problem? It may be known to them.
Have not contacted them yet, thought I'd try here first.

all are latest firmware cameras, 5.3 I believe. Model DS-2CD2132F-I

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Was pushing past the 90 mbs when the problem started. Killed a few cameras and problem went away. I solved it by getting a 9632 :)

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check your total incoming data rate. I found below 80 with a rating of 100 mbs is safe. The NVR needs headroom. I don't think firmware will help since you are hitting the design limit of the NVR.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See if they are willing to give you a discount on the 7732 (which is double the bandwidth) for your next 16 channel job if the firmware upgrade or their suggestions doesn't fix it.

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Was pushing past the 90 mbs when the problem started. Killed a few cameras and problem went away. I solved it by getting a 9632 :)
Not what I was hoping to hear. Theorectically, the 77xx models should be able to handle 16 cameras. Can't imagine what the 7616 would do under similar load. Swapping out the entire unit is not best option currently. Think scaling back some bandwitdth loads might help?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lower fps and quality. It will work with 16 cameras. Just for fun turn off 4 cameras and the problem should go away. It is very frustrating having the mouse freeze.