Why does EZViz Mini O create hundred's of port forwards?

brergo

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed that the IP of my EZViz Mini O had literally hundreds of port forwards on my router. It is creating them automatically. As soon as I delete them, it starts to recreate them. This seems to be a security issue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed that the IP of my EZViz Mini O had literally hundreds of port forwards on my router. It is creating them automatically. As soon as I delete them, it starts to recreate them. This seems to be a security issue.
It IS a security issue.
In the cam, disable uPNP & P2P.
In the router, disable uPNP.
Did you use an app on your smartphone to scan a QR code on the cam or enter a UID number?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smartphone app.
Then it's P2P (Point to Point), going up to offshore server then down to you to view.
I would not allow access to my home network in that manner.
If you agree, I suggest you perform as suggested above, but with more detail and in suggested order:
  • In the cam, disable 'uPNP' first & 'P2P' second (not sure how, check 'settings' in smartphone app)
  • Unplug the cam
  • In the router, disable uPNP
  • Reboot the router
  • Delete the port forwards in router
  • Plug in cam
  • Wait awhile, check router again.....let us know outcome.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
This should come as No Surprise, did you read Their EULA ? Clearly states it gathers your info and sends it all over the place.
Link: Privacy Policy – EZVIZ

Just a snip from the site.---use certain non-essential cookies to better understand user behavior, in order to optimize user experience, perfect function design and offers for products and services from us or to provide better services;

brergo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have disabled uPNP in router (which BTW, wasn't easy to find since Verizon and Actiontec have hidden the settings for some reason here: http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=900) and deleted all the entries. I am not able to find anything in the app settings about uPNP or P2P but the port forwards are not re-appearing. Thanks for the help.