Why does IP CAM View have better WIFI reception than BI

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I think some is screwed up, Fenderman, can you teligraph this to Ken?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not about Wifi reception.. I'm guessing blue iris pulls a different stream....

Sent via Taptalk

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Well I played with my setup and this is my conclusion

Ken purposely is sacrificing a WIFI signal connection that either is
1) dropping a certain amount of frames so it may or may not loss connection
2) or reducing the time his software will look for a reconnection.

Why, there are some intensively hungry cameras who prefer the thread associated with reconnecting a working but SLIGHTLY impaired WIFI connection not be given a little CPU time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken cannot be sacrificing wifi, the wifi signal is between your router and camera.
You need to contact him so he can help you figure out the problem.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why would you accuse ken of something so stupid? First off, its YOUR network problem, you chose to go on the cheap and use WiFi when its a KNOWN issue that cheap WiFi equipment and cameras (yes the kind YOU are using Sir,) don't work reliably. Instead of accusing Ken of something, try looking in the mirror, and accepting the fact that you get what you pay for. Stop trying to badger people into "fixing" something that isn't broken, fix your network, use hardwired cameras, or if not, then just stop posting the same blathering on and on about BI doing this, and Ken doing that, when we have all repeatedly determined that its YOUR low budget solution that doesn't work... Not Ken's software!

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Corker,

Go wire up you mobile device, but please don't trip and fall while your talking on it. WIFI works.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the clear definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... based upon the number of times you've posted the exact same problem and the number of times you've been told that its YOUR setup, and still expecting us to solve the problem for you... yeah... nuff said.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris does not have WiFi reception.

If the computer you installed Blue Iris on has WiFi reception, then you are doing it wrong.

:)

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Blue Iris does not have WiFi reception.

If the computer you installed Blue Iris on has WiFi reception, then you are doing it wrong.

:)
BI is on the LAN. It just very slow at deciding if a network signal (in this case wifi ) camera is signal is good enough. I think I figured a way to test it out.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, so disabled wifi on one of my cameras, then hooked it up to the LAN. Pointed camera at object1 waited for all 4 devices to show object one live.

1) Unplugged LAN connection
2) moved camera to point to object 2
3) Plugged, unplugged, plugged, unplugged LAN connection for 10 seconds.
4) Plugged in LAN and left it there.
5) Droid connected first, followed by IPhone and IPAD all using IPCAM view and all less than one second. These are all WIFI connections. on same network
6) It took BI running on PC, hardwired to LAN, 5 seconds to reconnect.

Corker would conclude LAN connection is worse than WIFI, most others would say BI has a more time consuming reconnection methodology.

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree that BI indicates a "no signal" situation far more often than other software that I run.