Why does it seem Foscam and Hikvision cameraa have most problems with BI updates

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Seems that way but it could be these are just used by most people

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not had any issues with hikvision or dahua cameras with blue iris updates..and I have lots of systems running lots of cameras...
Foscams always had issues with blue iris, it has nothing to do with the updates.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I have not had any issues with hikvision or dahua cameras with blue iris updates..and I have lots of systems running lots of cameras...
Foscams always had issues with blue iris, it has nothing to do with the updates.
I think you have mastered BI and your settings and networking practice have left you invulnerable to system update (BI and others), I would bet if you used foxscam you also would not have problems. But it seems other folks not as experience can be vulnerable to updates.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most problems occur because people update simply for no good reason...
Most camera related issues have nothing to do with updates..

Sent via Taptalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think most "camera problems" are directly related to the inappropriate use of WiFi, and BI updates are just a scapegoat. Though it is true, sometimes BI does break in an update. Sometimes rather badly. And recently BI stopped honoring people's frame rate settings which could have caused any number of systems to max out the CPU. Any system where the frame rate in BI had been set lower than in the camera.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I think most "camera problems" are directly related to the inappropriate use of WiFi, and BI updates are just a scapegoat. Though it is true, sometimes BI does break in an update. Sometimes rather badly. And recently BI stopped honoring people's frame rate settings which could have caused any number of systems to max out the CPU. Any system where the frame rate in BI had been set lower than in the camera.
I'm running 4.1.1.0 x64. I have all cameras set to 7 FPS, and BI set to 7.5 FPS, this should be good, as I've been running rock solid.

But if I update today, then your saying there are no Frame rate settings for each camera found in camera properties--->Video--->Image Format--->Frame Rate?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually that change was in 4.0.9. You'll notice now that Blue Iris forces the auto adjust frame rate to be enabled. You can still set a frame rate but it will be automatically adjusted however Blue Iris sees fit. Your setting no longer matters.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What are your camera settings? Foot ok?
My Hiks are 720P 10FPS iFrame 10, 1/30 min shutter. Recording direct to disk. Pretty solid for quite a while now.

My foot still hurts a lot , thanks for asking. Ice, elevation, and time are all that's needed for now. Probably some physio later.
Hopefully will walk again in 6-7 more weeks :( Getting pretty boring on the couch.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to here about your pain, you will walk again, its just gonna be hell till then. Get a very good therapist, and don't let them push you to hard or discourage you. My sister blew her knee out (at 56), 2 years ago and she's had a long slow recovery (very bad she's gotts lots of metal there now), But life is much better now. Fix it slowly, no rush. thanks for info and help.