Why is BI opening clips on my desktop

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've contacted the author of BI about this but maybe I'm not explaining my issue well enough for them to understand so I'll try here to see if anyone else has experienced this issue.
I've got latest version of BI, I have two monitors and I have "drag lock" OFF.
When I double click on a camera to open it full screen and then close it, it then somehow is attached to my desktop and subsequently that cam window appears as an open task on my task bar.
See attached: left side of screen shows 3 cam windows I opened/closed yet there is a fine border around each one representing that the cam window is still open on my desktop (see RIGHT side of attached screen shot).

I've had this problem for a long, long time and have searched all forums that had a BI forum and have tried to explain this to the author but I am always told to turn off "drag lock", which is always off.
I don't know if it has to do with displaying the the BI (main) on my 2nd screen.
Anyone have any ideas, please throw them at me, this one has been a booger to figure out.

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
In the Blue Iris options in the "cameras" tab how is your "double click" option set? "Full-Screen on Blue Iris monitor" or "open desktop window"?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the Blue Iris options in the "cameras" tab how is your "double click" option set? "Full-Screen on Blue Iris monitor" or "open desktop window"?
It's set to "Full screen on Blue Iris Monitor".

I temporarily changed it to "Full Screen at most recent position" and when I double click on a camera, it opens full screen on my primary monitor but when I ESC to exit it really does close out the window and they don't "accumulate" open windows like my screenshot depicted.
This is kind of a work around but I prefer that the camera opens full screen in BI on the monitor I have BI on instead.

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did just discover that if I (move) BI to launch and reside on my primary monitor (#1) that the issue I describe in my original post does not occur. You can double click on a camera, close it, repeat that and it doesn't leave windows open at the bottom. This (bad) behavior only happens when I launch (open) BI on my #2 monitor, which I prefer to use. (I use my larger #1 monitor for regular stuff, word processing, surfing, etc. and my #2 monitor for keeping an eye on BI cams.) So I guess the vast majority of people probably use only one monitor and never experience this issue.