Why is my 2mp starlight washed out ?

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all

Anybody have an idea why my cam is washed out looking as in this screenshot?

I haven't viewed this camera in a long time during daylight, other cam on the network is perfect (same models of 2mp Dahua)

Thanks

Attachments

TheDude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On mine the WDR is helpful but the default level is way too high. I usually turn it down to about 20.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Does WDR have any effect for night, just tired it and it didn’t seem to make any difference.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thank you so much SkyLake, WDR was indeed enabled.
You're welcome :D

Does WDR have any effect for night, just tired it and it didn’t seem to make any difference.
On some firmware versions it did make a difference, and it also depends on the camera / firmware combination.

For example: My 5231R-ZE always worked fine with WDR at night (black and white) on a older firmware version. It made the white and black pop out more. On the latest firmware version i have installed, WDR does not make any difference at all. I think Dahua has disabled it, although the function is still available.

On the other hand, on my 49225T-HN, WDR works fine with the latest firmware. It makes a difference, although increasing or decreasing the value does not make a big difference. At Dahua they play much with settings in the firmware haha.