Why is my camera lagging?

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

My camera model is Dahua SD59225U-HNI. For the last couple of days I experience problem with the camera. It's lagging when I watch live from the app gDMSS but it's lagging only when I watch with different network than what the camera uses. It goes from 150 kb\s to 60 kb/s then 20 kb/s and then 0 kb/s. It's lagging for a couple of seconds and it goes back again. If i watch live from the network ( what the camera use ) it's not lagging... But if I switch to another network or my mobile network it's lagging... I didn't change anything in the settings. It just happened out of nowhere. My ping, download speed, upload etc is fine. I don't think that's the problem. So what do you think may be the problem?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like your mobile network and/or router isn't able to keep up with the demands of the camera. Could be additional congestion on the mobile provider or you added additional devices on your router that is using more bandwidth that previously.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like your mobile network and/or router isn't able to keep up with the demands of the camera. Could be additional congestion on the mobile provider or you added additional devices on your router that is using more bandwidth that previously.
Thank you for your answer. Today everything is working fine idk what was the problem... Can I ask some others questions about this camera so I don't have to open another thread? If yes here's my questions:

1. Why when I sync the time with the PC is working fine for a couple of hours/days and then the time change again?

2. Is there any way to turn off the camera from the gDMSS app?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your CMOS battery probably needs changing if the time keeps getting out of sync.

By turning off gDMSS, what do you mean? If you simply do not want it in your gDMSS app, simply delete the camera from the app.

If you mean you do not want the camera video to go thru Dahua servers to be seen in the gDMSS app, then you have to turn off P2P in the camera GUI.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your CMOS battery probably needs changing if the time keeps getting out of sync.

By turning off gDMSS, what do you mean? If you simply do not want it in your gDMSS app, simply delete the camera from the app.

If you mean you do not want the camera video to go thru Dahua servers to be seen in the gDMSS app, then you have to turn off P2P in the camera GUI.
Sometimes I want to turn off or restart the camera through the app but is that possible?

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's lagging again. So, when I restart the camera everything is fine for a couple of days for example and then it's lagging again... I can't restart the camera every day so please tell me how can i fix this. I didn't change anything in the settings, the internet is good because before that i never had that problems..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should be able to set the camera up to reboot on a schedule in the camera settings.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should be able to set the camera up to reboot on a schedule in the camera settings.
That's a good idea, thanks.I rebooted the camera and now it's working but what may be the problem? I prefer not to reboot it after 2 days but if that's the only option i have bo choice..